Buncha slackers in the MMP! {OLD}

That’s a really cool idea.

This was very helpful; thank you. I’d heard about a Michigan-Michigan game, and although I vaguely gathered that it was something related to sports, it just sounded … incestuous.

So … how was it?

Heh, I’m the opposite. The kiev is tasty, but the hamminess of the cordon blue version is very comforting somehow.

That’s hilarious!

God, I love taxonomy sometimes. Who says scientists don’t have a sense of humor?

I know exactly how you feel. Don’t get me wrong; I miss him & there’s a lot of big hurts and ragged trauma. By comparison, it’s such a piddly little thing … but yeah, whenever I see someone post “Congrats to Meemaw and Pop-Pop for 50 gazillion years together!” or whatever, it stings.

That’s not to diminish my happiness for susan and her lovely wife. Just trying to express sympathy (empathy? I get 'em mixed up) for pilot.

She seems too classy to re-use Cool Whip tubs, but that’s what I first thought of.

Would masking tape and a Sharpie to make temporary labels be just completely off the table?

I LOL’d.

Before I left Dallas, one of my little craft-y hobbies was making candles. Nothing fancy, just re-melting excess wax into fresh molds. It was fun to play around with making striped layers of different colors and stuff.

I’m getting vaguely burned out on cross-stitch and need something else creative. Winter is coming. I have a bunch of half-burned candles.

… aaaaannnnd I may or may not have ordered some fresh wicks. Which may or may not have arrived today.

I hit the Dollar Sto’ before work to look for a cheapie little saucepot to use as a dedicated candle melter but found none. I think I may bestir myself to Wally World tonight, since I’m off work early as a mo-fo, rather than wait till tomorrow and potentially waste time looking in several places just to save a couple bucks.

Plus, that way, I can start tonight. Delayed gratification? Pfft.