burt and ernie

sesame had the nerve to make snuffaluffagus real after a few seasons b/c they didn’t think imaginary friends were a good idea to be teaching kids,

but what’s the deal with burt and ernie? isn’t their relationship a little wierd?

burt always reminded me of a child molesting uncle.

From what little I remember about Sesame Street, I didn’t notice anything really abnormal. Then again, this was before I went to school.

By the way, it’s spelled bert.

How old is this story now? They aren’t gay, they aren’t gonna be, and the guys with their hands up the puppets butts are tired of the rumors.

Yes, the weather is the same up here. Yes, I play basketball. No, never heard a tall joke before. Aaaargh.

The Sesame Street creative team decided that having the adults not believe Big Bird when he told them about Snuffy sent out the message to children that they would be believed by adults. I don’t think it had anything to do with whether or not imaginary friends were a good idea.

pat

Dumb, I am.

that should read:

would [bold]not[/bold] be believed by adults.

pat

BURT IS EVIL!!

Yer pal,
Satan

Muppets are ageless. They do not conform to the normal laws that govern we humans.

Big Bird, for example, is six. He has been now for 25 years. Grover, despite having a part-time job as a waiter, has a mental age of about 8.

There was a Bert & Ernie sketch once where Ernie pretended to be a Doctor when Bert was ill once, and the punchline was that after the examination, Bert asked for his diagnosis, and Ernie proceeded to describe why he was unqualified to reliably diagnose anything. He began with “Well, first I’ll need six years of Grade School, 7 years of High School, 4 years of College, 8 years of Medical School…”

Anyway, to me it implied that despite their independence, and Odd Couple living arrangements, they both had never been to school.

Weird, huh?

Jim Henson was too cool…

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

And here’s the proof: http://fractalcow.com/bert/

(Disclaimer: (Im)Mature audiences only…)

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

man, that picture is SCARY.

You guys are thinking about this to much. Why does it matter just sit an enjoy it with your kids.
At least the show has adult humour in it where other kids shows don’t. So sit down and watch it with them we can never do enough with our kids.

p.s. it is spelt Bert.and we could all learn something from the show.

I’m always getting Cookie Monster, Grov

…as I was saying, I am always getting Cookie Monster, Grover and Oscar mixed up. Sure, Oscar is green, but he and Cookie Monster could pass for brothers. And, yes, Grover does have a nose and is gangly, but I can never get their names straight.

I sit in bars for hours and brood about this. Same with Bert and Ernie. I usually just nod and avoid calling them by name.

I absolutely Love the way Grover messes with that guys mind whenever he waits on him.

I always thought they were brothers.

Spell it right, people. BErt!

My dad’s nickname is Burt. He always says, “With a U as in ‘Reynolds’, not Ernie and…”

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, dogs are from Pluto. - Anonymous

“Bert! My mouth’s bleeding!!!” :slight_smile: