Bush admin wanted to prosecute docs for even *discussing* marijuana!

Can someone explain to me how helping chemo patients conquer their nausea is NOT helping them get better? Last I checked, people die much faster when they can’t keep their food down, nutrients being handy things for living organisms and all.

I think the following book…

Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President, by J. H. Hatfield, Greg Palast (Afterword)

…mentions Dubya’s cocaine abuse. At any rate, the book was seen as so offensive, G.H.W. Bush & Co. got it suppressed. So, it’s not easy to get a copy, but I do have one on order (Booksamilion.com).

You also might want to check out the customer reviews at amazon.com.

Equal scorn for Clinton and Bush sounds good to me. :slight_smile:

(I’ve never used illegal drugs of any kind, but a boneheaded policy deserves to be ridiculed, no matter where it comes from)

Yes, researchers can get exemptions. Obviously, the point of doing research is to publish it, and few people want to publish records of their illegal activity. It is, IIRC, a huge pain in the ass and not always successful.

I’ve also read accusations that the approval process is subject to undue political pressures and stupid catch-22 situtations. As in, a review board claiming that there is insufficient published evidence of the benefits of medical marijuana to warrant an investigation of the benefits of medical marijuana.

It is, however, possible to do and I have read much legal research on exstacy, acid, speed, etc…

Marijuana, like any substance (including food), can be abused. Why prohibit the legitimate use of a beneficial substance by resposible sick people and their doctors. This whole concept is beyond me. Check out the PDR for Herbal Remedies and you will find page upon page of (recent) findings for the utilization of this medicinal herb to relieve a variety of ailments and improve the quality of life for scores of individuals who now needlessly suffer. Personally, given the choice, I would much rather smoke some pot than pop some oxy.

I, too, am inclined to the theory that the major drug companies can’t reap the profits and so, pressure the govornment to keep pot illegal in all circumstances which they cannot control but then, of course, I am terribly cynical (or so I’m told)

Disclaimer-this poster has no first or second or even third hand knowledge of anymarijuana use within the three mile limit of our shores…just for the record and all…you believe me, right…right?..Okay, thanks.

As a physician, I am relieved the court shot down this restriction. I do not want the gummint deciding what I can and cannot tell my patients, even if/when they’re incarcerated felons!!

I would not advise a patient of mine to use marijuana. But I might be inclined to give them facts about it, and my own opinions about it.

My opinion? Some individuals have seemed to benefit tremendously from the use of the cannibus plant, in situations when their nausea from chemotherapy/pain from malignant processes such as cancer was not adequately improved on standard nausea/pain medications. Others had less benefit, still others did worse on it.

I don’t believe pot is a cure-all, and it’s a piss-poor treatment for glaucoma.

And since we’re in the pit, a word about the sick fucks who keep us chaned to ouir doctor and the lame pills they have stuffed us with because they can’t use the kinkler, gentler approach of the herb or they lose their ability to practice.

I always thought the saying was to “Do no Harm”

Did I miss that day whe doctors just blew that concept off?

Not all doctors, I have a very caring, mellow on mysef

preview should have been my friend: chained;our;Kinder;when;one

See, I need some medicinal marijuana so my fingers don’t stffin up and become so uncooperative just for an instance.

No, I meant edified… an obscure meaning, I guess, i.e. persuaded.

I admit, my usage may be a little off…

But I’ll get you back, you fancy-schooled American bastard! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hoisted by yer own leotard, there.