But it's Cute When I Do It: The Official Hypocrisy Thread

Hilarious thread.

Oh, god. Don’t do that. Please. I shudder just reading it. Gah.

Mine is when someone, that someone being my husband, talks to me while I’m on the phone with another person. I cannot process his request and still listen to what the person I’m on the phone with is telling me. My brain somehow is completely incapable of this. And, he’s usually telling me to tell the phone-person something that is completely unrelated to what we’re talking about, and the whole thing is just fucking maddening because then I have to wave him off and he won’t fucking let it go and ack.

However, I’ll happily do the same thing to him, and somehow it doesn’t seem to drive him insane. I don’t know how he tolerates me.

Holy shit, are you serious?

It drives me BONKERS to see people rolling their eyes, especially at me. It’s like the absolute height of disrespect and I want to punch their faces every single time. I roll my eyes at people all the time.

To be fair, though, it’s almost always because they said something really stupid.

Exactly! Goddamn George should have done his job.

This is a judgment-free zone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, exactly! Because you know how infuriating it is. “Don’t roll your eyes at me, you dismissive, dispectful little shit. I will cut your face.” But when I do it, it’s fine because the person deserves my derision, and needs to feel infuriated.

Well, shit, you should have said so. Only **I **can make up rules halfway into a game.

I’m just better at sarcasm than anyone else.

This, oh my fucking GOD how annoying this is. The Bloke is a master of the Pointless Interruption, and no matter how many times I’ve asked, yelled, begged him to cease and desist, he continues Every. Single. Time. I’m on the phone to someone we both know. And no, I don’t do it too. :mad:

But one thing is when people tell me of this amazing dream that they had…in all it’s pathetic detail. Don’t they understand I just don’t care?

My dreams though are meant to be shared. :smiley:

I live in a place where people come from all over the city (and probably form overseas) to eat the food and see the quaint little shops and OMFG stop walking in the middle of the sidewalk or WORSE WORSE (worse, because I can’t just walk around them) walk as slllloooowwwwlllyyy as humanly fucking possible four abreast until I want to stab them in the eye and I alwaysalways make the point of saying, loud enough for them to hear, “Fucking tourists!” as I walk by because I have to LIVE here goddamnit and I’m carrying a BACKPACK for chrissake and there’s a uni up the road so don’t you suppose I have somewhere to be…

…and in another party of this very city, which is not my suburb, I am known to spend inordinate amounts of time meandering from shop window to shop window, eating an ice cream and holding hands with my husband.

Because nobody lives THERE, right? Totally.

Where’s my Hypocrite sign? :smack:

Me too!

Fonts for me. When others use Blackadder, French Script, Vivaldi, anything that’s supposed to look like handwriting, or all of them together, it’s because they’re idiots with zero word-processing experience, nothing worth saying (since they don’t mind that no one can read it), unfortunate taste and hopelessly in love with outdated or immature twee. The kind with cheap ornaments and not much else on their bookshelves.)

When I use the stuff, I knowingly accentuate my message with its visual appearance, carefully choosing size and colour to match the theme, and I expect you to recognise that I’m doing it with cool and ironic intentions.

Exist.

I’m very very very scornful of people who refused to watch a particular show/movie because of how popular it is, or because of how rabid its fan community is.
But for years I kind of had that reaction to South Park.

Good God but you all are a bunch of annoying wankers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine: Being intionally obtuse. Though, I usually hate myself rather than think it cute.

Bilingual people who suddenly switch to a different language in front of me so I can’t understand what they’re saying, but it’s obviously something they don’t want me to hear and they can’t be bothered to save it until later when I’m not around. It’s SO RUDE!

Then today a friend wished to tell me that she had spoken with one of our professors and the professor had told her that everyone else’s group projects had sucked and ours was way better. So, in front of a half-full lounge of students, she walked up to me, said, “Hey, I talked to Dr. XXX. . .” and then switched to French. Needless to say, this attracted everyone’s attention, and while in the back of my mind I had a vague feeling that we were being assholes, it was eclipsed by a sensation of, “HA HA HA I can understand her talking shit about y’all and you can’t! I’m so exclusive!” I now know why people do it.

People who stop by my desk at work to chat pointlessly.

I do it to others, but dammit, leave me alone when I’m at my desk! I’m doing something important! (Like reading the Dope.)

I gotta admit, I avoid watching TRUE BLOOD or any of the TWILIGHT movies due to the oft-annoying “vampire fiction” fanbase. I should be evaulating these productions on their own merit (and I hear TRUE BLOOD is quite a good show) but I just can’t bring myself to do it yet.

I’m a very mellow person. I’m live and let live about most things. The things I’m not live and let live about other people doing, I do not engage in because I actively avoid hypocrisy. And pretty much anything I do, I’m okay with other people doing.

I can’t think of anything. :frowning: I mean, I have plenty of bad habits, but I don’t judge other people for speeding or nose-picking or smoking or being fat or hairy. And the things that bother me (like nail clipping in the office, or loud chewing) I don’t engage in myself.

Thank you for your input.

My friend, who is one of the most anal people ever, sent me an e-mail yesterday which ended with a note saying she doesn’t like how Outlook automatically capitalizes the word “I” for her. Sometimes, she said, she likes to leave it lower case on purpose. Ha! I would bet you one thirty-five dollars that if someone else did that, it would irritate her. She’s complaining about the guy she’s currently dating because she doesn’t like the way he eats. No, he doesn’t smack his lips, or hold his fork like a shovel. When his fork hits the plate, it makes too much noise. :rolleyes: I am 100% certain it doesn’t, and she’s just being crazy again, as I don’t even notice more than half the things she complains about.

I only find it cute when girls do it. So I guess I should add benign sexism to the list.