Butt-Hurt Trump Takes to Twitter Again (Part 1)

I might have chosen a somewhat different two-word reply, but that one works too.

Achtung. Virst we order them to komply vith the fuhrer’s requests.
If they refuse. Ve kill them.
Vait until vou zees die Attorney General ve have for you. Field Marshall Sessions vill make America grate again.

It’s called the First Amendment. Trump should probably familiarize himself with it. Stupid fuckwit.

…I might EVEN suggest a three word phrase response to every and any ridiculous BS Comment made by Trump during his entire term.

On the Internet.
In the audience as he speaks.
In Person.
Just Three Little Words.
Hint: the last one is Trump

Yep. I saw what he did there, too.

Pure genius.

Rather the opposite. It’s the constant deferring and submitting by the Democrats to people like Trump & Pence that has alienated people from the left. Blacks and women and gays and other targets of Pence and those like him see such behavior and recognize it for what it is: a backstab. A demonstration that the left doesn’t really care and won’t really stand up for them, not if it means so much as irritating the bigots.

I guess my mileage varies. From the southern end of Indiana, vice president-elect and Cotton Hill cosplayer Mike Pence makes me ashamed to be a Hoosier.

This. It’s nuts for Trump to be doing this. It’s the equivalent of him running around with a can of spray paint tagging buildings.

When he becomes the P-word (still can’t say it), will he keep up this ridiculous barrage of tweets? It’s inappropriate, undignified, juvenile-- and it would be if ANYONE did it. If Obama, or Hillary, or the POPE did it–it would be completely inappropriate.

Regardless of whether you agree with what the Hamilton cast did*, for Trump to DEMAND that they apologize?? WTF is he thinking?? Oh, right: he doesn’t think. :smack:

*I thought it was perfectly okay.

I agree completely. THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!! I am amazed by all the talking heads smiling and laughing on TV. I am amazed at how the press is trying to make TRUMP look like a normal President elect. STOP getting your panties in a twist about his tweets. Be outraged about his cabinet picks. Report on their backgrounds and their incompetence. Be outraged by his children who are supposedly running his company being on his transition team. Be outraged at his Russian connections and demand an investigation into the Russian interference in the election. I am sick of the damn tweets.

Did you check with your father? You know, Hoosier Daddy?

I didn’t say that his conduct was OK, or that I feel any less ashamed to be a Hoosier. I merely stated I believed Pence was capable of human emotion. That doesn’t make him a good man or a sympathetic man or someone I think make wise and/or appropriate decisions for his job.

Ah, yes, I see it now. In my defense, when the duckspeak term comes up in the novel, there is a form of echo chamber - the character with the rapid-fire voice spouting mindless pro-Oceania, anti-thought-criminal doggerel is talking at (not really “to”, since there’s no indication he’s paying any attention to her responses) a woman at his table who expresses various agreements.

+1

As I said in another forum, I can only believe that the Men in Black Flashy-Thing has been at work and the people who are normalizing Trump have already forgotten who this man is! He is not just another Republican candidate-- he is way outside the bounds of normality. He isn’t even the P-word yet, and we’re already seeing a continuation of his outrageous behavior. It’s like Emerald City and a giant segment of the population is wearing Trump-colored glasses and can’t or won’t see what is happening.

This is not Democrat/liberal sour grapes-- the man is not behaving like a normal candidate, P-elect, statesman, or politician.

ETA:

Actually LESS than half, by 1.2 million votes.

Is there any space to acknowledge that Trump is not normal or appropriate without also assuming we are about to lose 100 years of social progress or end in a fiery nuclear war? I’ll start freaking out when he actually does something, rather than bloviates about shit he has no intention of doing. I’ve never seen him follow through on anything or hold the same position for longer than two minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s fair to wait until he takes office at least, and his various appointments start doing their jobs.

Personally, I’m inclined to say Trump is normal, for the United States.

Citizens of the United States are welcome to feel insulted by that observation.

Fair enough. I suppose I’m using a different metric than you, but that’s okay.

Well, before my dad died, he swore up and down that the only way that he knew I was his is because I’m the middle child, and look like the other two had a kid. So, unless my mom had the same “other guy” knock her up 3 times…

Isn’t that the one that states that Christians don’t need to acknowledge other people’s same-sex marriages? The Vice President Elect told us this.

It’s hard to feel offended by the insult. I mean, what defense do we even have at this point? Our culture is obviously flawed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Check out who he is surrounding himself with. I agree that Trump is inconsistent, has no center, and is a tower of Jell-o. But he’s letting a bunch of genies out of a lot of bottles, and he will not be able to control them.

Trump’s supporters on social media are demanding a boycott of Hamilton, and predicting dire financial consequences for its future, its cast, and touring productions.

Yeah, right. They realize it’s playing in New York, right? Not Pocatello, Idaho? And that it’s sold out for the next 9 months? This demonstration will not cause Hamilton to lose a single nickel.