Caffine-free chocolate?

Does anyone know where I would be able to order or get such a thing? I have a good friend who is a choco-holic but she can’t have caffine…she’s in a hard place!

I know someone out there must know a place!

–==the sax man==–

Well, a quick google search brings up this place, http://www.mrsgibbles.com/
It’s a pretty crappy website and I can’t find the actual product or price on it. Maybe I’m not trying hard enough.

Does she know that chocolate is a problem? One candy bar has only around 11 mg of caffeine, whereas an 8 oz cup of coffee (which seems a little large to me, I don’t drink coffee) has 137 mg of caffeine. Unless she has a major physical reaction to caffeine, it really shouldn’t be a problem. If she does, she also needs to avoid decaffeinated coffee, which has 2 mg (I’ve heard up to 5 mg) and Starbuck’s decaf has around 25 mg. I don’t think you could remove the caffeine from chocolate without removing the taste and the theobromine (which is what you want anyway).

I quit caffeine several years ago, but I still eat all the chocolate I want.

[sub]Nutrional analysis courtesy of Search the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference[/sub]

Ovaltine is a good substitute for hot chocolate. There’s a recipe on the container for chocolate cheese cake too.

Has anybody found any decaf chocolate yet? I’ve searched again with no success.