Calling all cat lovers :(

MSK, every time you post something and I read it I get choked up. We did just recently loose a cat that was special to our family. We had moved out to Simpsonville, SC (suburbs of Greenville SC if anyone knows where that is) and I took my cat waskal. Waskal passed away about 3 years ago, but there have been so many strays that have shown up (if I had to guess, probaly 50 since my parents have been there), but there was one in particular. We named him Bob, cause he didnt have a tail. When he showed up in all of his white glory, his little face was completely mutilated by something, like a tractor or a wild animal, but regardless, he didnt even have any fur on is head. We took him to the vet and got him all fixed up. He passed away last week with diabetes. I live in atlanta, so I didnt get to see him much after I moved, but I still loved that cat. He was definitely a trooper. He had diabetes and mom said that he weighed only 4.someodd lbs the last time she saw him. She said he was talking to her that morning before she left for work and then never saw him again. I truly believe that Patches was trying to tell you how much he loved you before he died. Please rest tonight, knowing that Patches loved you and appreciated everything you gave him. Seriously, if you need a friend, we are here. It physically makes my heart hurt knowing what you are going through… Please let me help if I can…

Thanks Kru-baby. Please feel free to i-m me, if you like. I would enjoy talking to you. My contact info is in my profile. I’m sorry to hear about Bob. Sounds like he really did have nine lives though.

Hey MSK, I got your message, I downloaded AOL to my home computer (I usually only use it at work) and it performed an illegal operation (WTF else is new). I didnt see you online, but maybe when I get back from the store you will be there. I would like to talk to you. I hope you are doing ok. It is 12:10 Atlanta GA time, I should be back by 12:30. I hope to see you on AOL.

I’m so sorry to hear about your sweet Patches. I know he’s in the Happy Kitty Place, chasing mousies, basking in the sun, and eating as much as he wants. Maybe he’s playing with my sweet Cuddles, who is there chasing butterflies. She’s been there a few years – she can show him where the food bowl is.

{{{MSK}}}

That is too cute!!! Maybe your sweet Cuddles and Patches will find love up there together. The they can share the food bowl for an eternity!!! :slight_smile:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. In some ways, losing a pet can be harder than losing a person, because usually there are no other complex issues tied up in your relationship with your pet – there is only love.

I am going to need tranquilizers and a padded cell when that horrible time comes my way.

The link below has links to some pet loss pages. These can help, you just read and bawl your head off, and then afterward you have released a lot of sadness.

If you haven’t visited the ‘Rainbow Bridge’ poem, please do so, it is so sweet.

http://www.tapr.org/~n2wx/grief/

This has some good links too, although some need updating. I need to work on that tonight.
http://www.arkinc.org/petloss.htm

Many hugs and sincere condolences,
Bethany

Well, it is past 1am my time, so I am going to head to bed since I have to be at work in the morning. I have added you to my AOL buddy list, so I will be on the lookout for you. I am C007Carie. I hope you are tucked away in your bed with your other companions fast asleep getting some rest, because that seems to be the hardest thing to do, sleep. Write me tomorrow if you feel like it. And remember, tomorrow is another day, you will make it through…

I fixed the broken links on the second page I listed…

I meant to tell you in the earlier post, what a sweet picture, MSK.

More hugs,
Bethany

I hope your Patches has caught up with Tom. Sir Thomas, (Tommy to his friends), was just shy of thirteen when he passed on. I’d had him since I was six.
It was always a treat to go down to the “Shop”, where Dad worked. Why he called it that I don’t know, for it was really a sprawling factory and warehouse complex, mostly concerned with the manufacture of tarpaper and shingles. I loved to stop in the coffeeshop and meet the guys he worked with and it was a real thrill to climb into the seat of his big yellow forklift. The best part though was going into a quiet corner and seeing the latest of Kitty’s babies. She was a big tough grey tabby who once survived a battle with a racoon, but she was a good and loving Mom to those kittens. I begged for one for years, and finally, after a visit, Dad told me that the white faced kitten would be mine! It seemed like ages until he was weaned. Even after Dad took him out of the warehouse I still had to wait while he spent the night at the vet’s and got a fleabath and shots. I remember showing him to all the neighbours. We had a slightly stormy relationship at first. I was a loud, rowdy kid and he liked sunny steps and long naps, but in my teens I discouvered late night movies, best watched on the floor with a lapfull of cat. I had just turned twenty when the cancerous lumps on his ears began to spread into his head. He was put to sleep on Valentines Day 1980.

Maybe, if we could see the bright steps of Heaven, we’d see your Patches sprawled out beside my Tom, purring in the sun.

Kru-baby, sorry I missed you, but you’re on my AIM buddylist now. We shouldn’t have any problem running into one another. :slight_smile:

bwk thanks for the links and the compliment. They are lovely.

:frowning: :slight_smile:

On a happier note, here are the rest of sweet babies. I just took these pics today. Blue and pink letters indicate their gender. :smiley:

This is Patches’ brother, Buddy. He is 14. He’s my best bud. He’s a great lap cat and devoted friend. He loves attention and likes to play rough n tough, but in a gentle way. He goes nuts when I rub his belly.

This is Puff-Puff named such for being a big puffy ball of fur. She’s approx’ 10 or 11. She’s a real lover. She drools up a storm when she purrs and likes to rub her face against the face of whoever is holding her. I think she is part tabby and part Maine Coon. She loves freshly picked catnip!

This is Lil’ Guy. He is 4 years old. When I found him, I couldn’t come up with a name for him, and generically addressed him as “Lil Guy” cause he was just a little baby boy. He seemed to like the name and so it stuck. He’s a BIG boy now, all muscle, and the sweetest, gentlest kitty ever. I think he is a Turkish Angora. His favorite toys are milk rings.

This is Missy. She’s the baby, being only 3 years old. Look at those eyes! She’s the ornery curious one, always getting into everything. Her favorite toy is a laser pen! She goes absolutely bonkers chasing it.

Last, but certainly not least, is my baby Cyndi, the dog. She is a Border Collie / German Shepherd mix. She LOVES to go for long walks by the river and go bye bye in the car. She also loves to play frisbee. She can’t jump quite as high as she used to, but she still catches it! She’s close to 9 years old. Some of her quirks are “mind-reading” and giving big hugs with both paws around my neck. :smiley: Her mind reading schtick is something else… I swear the dog is Betazed (STNG). Even if you totally supress all body language and so on, she will know what you’re thinking about. She also has a sense of humor, as she likes to grin, and give you the :rolleyes: look when you’re up to playing to tricks on her.

Oh, MSK… I am so sorry to hear about Patches. I’m very, very sad for you. It’s amazing how such small, furry creatures can take up so much space in your hearts. Allow yourself all the time you need to grieve. You’ve lost a dear friend in your kitty.

You must be a very wonderful dad to your pets. I mean, Patches came right to you to tell you how he was feeling. That speaks volumes about your relationship with one another. I’m sure you were the only person he wanted to be with in his last hours.

You gave Patches 14 love-filled years with lots of ear scratches, cuddles, and catnip. I’m so sorry, MSK. However long it takes to get through this, you will get through this, and you’ll have the rest of your furry family to comfort you.

Please tell your other kitties (and pup!) how sorry I am for them, too. Give them a scratch for me.

Take care, MSK. Email if you like. My heart goes out to you.

I am going home to hug my cats now.

(((((MagicalSilverKey))))))

Please accept my most sincere sympathies.

I didn’t read this whole thread, because I’d be crying too hard to stop, and we have guests coming, but I know through other threads and posts here and there what you went through. I know you’ll miss him, but you did the right thing. That cat was lucky to have such a loving and caring owner. Take comfort in the presence of your other pets, and treat them as well as you muct have treated Patches (not that I don’t think you take good care of them, too :)).

xoxoxoxoxoxox

MSK, OOOOOOOOOooooooooooh… how sweet.

Buddy is so cute! I love orange tabbys. Must be the whole red hair thing. I have kitties with a white blaze and bib. They look so clean.

I love that name, Puff-Puff. She’s gorgeous, and looks like she knows it.

Lil Guy has such beautiful eyes. He looks ready for anything.

Missy has beautiful eyes too, and that pretty white bib. I love her pink nose. Does she have pink toes too? My Moo-Moo does.

Cyndi has that cute turned-up tail. When a dog has that, I don’t know, it is strange, but it just makes them look happy all the time.

You can take a peek at my kitties too, if you want.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/catspage.htm
And my guinea pigs, Teddy has big rosette butt-puffs.
http://home.hiwaay.net/~keiper/gpigs.htm
The cats love watching them, it’s piggie tee-vee.

I’m glad to see someone else is as much of an animal lover (read: sucker) as me and my family are. They are just the best.

My condolances.

bwk! awwwwwww you have such pretty babies. :smiley: I really like the pic of kitty in the sink. hehe That’s always a hoot.

I always wanted a guinea pig but never tried to own one. I like to stop into the mall pet store and pet them everytime I am there though.

Thanks for the compliments and pics, they made me smile. :slight_smile:

By the way, all my pets are strictly indoor pets.
I just have to share this… it sad but sweet…You can think I am imagining into the following, if you like, but I swear it is real…

Buddy has been acting differently. He knows his brother is missing, and what’s even more amazing, is that he knows where his brother is! Everytime I go to let the dog out into the back yard, Buddy comes running to the steps and starts meowing up a storm, as if he is demanding to go outside and see his brother. I pick him up and carry him outside, and set him down on his brother’s grave, and he starts to purr and acts like he wants to knead the soil. He sniffs at the soil and the silk flowers, then lets out big, happy, proud sounding meow, and turns back to face the house. It’s like he is saying,

“You did the right thing, and I am proud of you. Thank you for ending his suffering. I miss him. You did a beautiful job on his marker. I am done for now and would to like to go back inside. Thanks for bringing me out to see my brother.”

Then I take him back inside and he is quiet. Amazing.

You made me cry. Damn you.

MSK, that is amazing. And I do believe it. They know. I’m glad you took him outside to that spot. Pets need closure too.

Thanks for the compliments on my babies. I adore them. I’m going to have to be travelling soon, and leaving them is so heartbreaking.

Give Buddy a kiss for me. He sounds really special.

bwk, this website has some really cute cat backgrounds, should you want to use any of them for a webpage.

MSK, you made me cry too. My little Feather is only four, but someday she’ll be gone too, and who will follow me around the house and sleep behind my chair then?