Calling all cooks, fix my recipe for "dirty rice pudding"

After my success this turkey day with my sausage stuffing, it occurred to me that I might find similar joy adapting the stuffing recipe to a rice recipe, and turn my meaty bread pudding into a meaty rice pudding. So I made me some dirty rice.

1 cup brown rice
2 1/2 cups stock (chicken and vagatable)
1 pound spicy jummy dean sausage (chub style)
1 large sweet onion
1 lb mushrooms (beby bella)
3 stalks celery (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (cubed)

cook rice, cook sausage crumbled very fine, sweat onions, add mushrooms, then celery then mix all ingredients together with various spices and herbs, viola dirty rice.

This all worked fine but now I want to pudding this so I…

1 batch dirty rice (see above)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup stock (chicken and vegetable)
1/2 cup 1/2 & 1/2 (thaty was fun to type)

put dirty rice in crock pot, whisk eggs, stock and cream together with various spices and herbs pour over dirty rice turn on crock pot, go away.

Several hours later most of my liquid is absorbed and I have soft wet dirty rice. Tasty, eatable, and in no way dirty rice pudding. So I thought I might need more eggs, or replace more stock with dairy, orreplace some brown rice with high starch white rice (risotto rice maybe) or ask an expert just where I messed up. So I call out to you dopers, how should I make my dirty rice puddify?

I’d leave the stock out. My mom used to make regular rice pudding from left over white rice and it was basically a custard with rice and a few raisins in it. That custard was 3 eggs, 2 cups milk, 1/4 cup sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, some raisins and about 1 cup of cooked rice. Scald milk, whisk into eggs/sugar/rice/vanilla/salt mixture, bake in water bath.

I’ve made this rice pudding, so I know the amounts are pretty close.

I don’t think you’d want the sugar, vanilla, or raisins, but it sounds like you didn’t have enough custard to go with the amount of rice you had.