Can Mike Huckabee win the GOP nomination and the presidency?

My friends tell me that they just want some minorities to respect white enclaves like some areas in Queens, Staten Island, etc; and to respect America.

So they should just stay in their own neighborhoods like god decided in the 1950s, eh? Well, your friends’ bigotry works well with a campaign for al-Huckabee, that’s for sure.

They’re not voting for Huckabee alone. They’re old school Democrats. They would vote for a old school Democrat. They are looking for a common sense American. Someone who respects the military. No one respects the military no more in their minds.

Then their minds are deluded. Ever since 9/11 we have been living in a climate where the slightest hint of disrespect to Our Troops is political suicide. They’re still not satisfied with that?!

In fact, there is entirely too much respect for the military in America, and for law enforcement, too. We could use a lot more of this kind of thinking.

Okay, this HAS to be a joke, right?

Well, my friends will be working to prevent bigots from getting elected to important offices.

And some of my friends are Vulcans!

:dubious: “Respect” them how, by staying out of them? America has had far too much of that kind of attitude.

Can you explain to us why you care so strongly about the opinions of two people? Do you only know two people? Do none of the other people you know have different opinions? Why do you repeatedly tell us their opinions and not yours? Do you somehow not understand they are cartoonish bigots? Or do you understand all too well?

No, but they are America’s silent majority. They are tired of people disrespecting the armed forces, allowing un-patriotic people to enter the military. I don’t share those views. However, people that I know do and they are pissed off right now.

And that article plays into the GOP playbook that “Progressives don’t respect the military”. That’s why if Democrats don’t be careful, they can lose the 2016 election. People view them as un-patriotic.

But, they’re not. They were perhaps a majority in Nixon’s day, but they are a minority now. Check out the Pew Political Typology 2014. The “Steadfast Conservatives,” the group that would appear to include your friends, are only 12% of the public and 15% of registered voters.

:confused: WTF?! Who exactly are these un-patriotic soldiers?!

No, only a minority does. See post #71.

And – the author is not wrong, is he?

And yet GOP voters are content with candidates who advocate ignoring the Supreme Court and the Constitution.
Who’s actually more un-patriotic/un-American?

To them, it’s some African Americans, Latinos, etc. When they see and hear these things, they wonder.

No, this is real. You’re from NYC it seems. You know these white, blue-collar enclaves in Queens and Staten Island very well. They want order and justice.

[quote=“GloryDays, post:74, topic:738603”]

To them, it’s some African Americans, Latinos, etc. When they see and hear these things, they wonder.

[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: So, one ill-advised but entirely understandable comment from a prominent African-American in 2008 means AA and Latino soldiers are unpatriotic.

No, they don’t; based on that article, what they want is “the death penalty and lower taxes.” Neither has anything to do with order or justice.

Ok, they want that too. They feel disilluisioned. They’re a coalition that nobody wants to mess with. If you visit Queens, you’ll know what I’m talking about. They love Giuliani, Huckabee, etc.

I grew up in Queens, and it may surprise you to find out that “All in the Family” is not a documentary. I’m proud to say that when my parents retired they sold to a Haitian. Definitely a lowlife - he was a cop. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ask your friends if the name Colin Powell means anything to them. BTW, my friend, if you lay down with pigs you get up smelling like shit. (Not really - pigs are a lot cleaner than your friends.) If my friends said shit like this they wouldn’t be my friends for long.

No because TRUMP’s pretty much taking away most of the blue collar conservative support and unlike Huck or Ricky is able to expand from just the evangelicals Southrons to the Catholic blue-collar Archie Bunker types.