Can Mike Huckabee win the GOP nomination and the presidency?

(My bolding.)

How did you get the descriptive word “silent” to fit in here?

So, GloryDays. You live in New Jersey and go to college, where you found the one bigoted professor in academia (a place normally reviled by bigots because it is so left-wing and accommodating to minorities) and your only friends are elderly white men from Queens and Staten Island whose opinions are so important that there’s no room left in your head for any of your own.

We need to take you to the Smithsonian. They collect unique specimens.

I know it’s already been discussed but I’m fascinated by this formulation:

It’s like you used to write introductions for The Stig on Top Gear and can’t stop doing it.

As for “why homosexuals are in the military”, the answer is: because they want to serve their country. In fact, “some people” could make a very strong argument that gay men and women who knew the vast amount of abuse, discrimination and outright persecution they were likely to face and STILL joined up to serve are a hell of a lot more patriotic than your average grunt (and far more so than “your friends” who are bitching about them). Go look at the accomplishments of the likes of, say, Stephen Snyder-Hill and tell me people like that don’t love their country.

And sure, we could kick out all the homosexuals like we used to, but then you’re asking to weaken the military (as happened when a number of desperately-needed Arabic translators got the boot due to their orientation during the Bush years). Which would be really fucking stupid.

True, but one of the principles should not be bigotry.

Well, really, the OP is simply an unbiased observer, with a wide array of personal relationships, who simply wants us to honestly and unemotionally consider the opinions of people we may have regarded with prejudice. Why, if we indoctrinated lefties were to give such opinions a fair and honest hearing, we might be moved to reconsider, to adopt a new centrism, just to the left of Huckleberry and just to the right of Rubio.

Should this actually occur, I will plow all my liquid assets into umbrella manufacture, because when pigs fly, and their poop falls from the skies, a tidy fortune could be made!

You have to hear all opinions about all types of people. I don’t have those views, but you have to hear how people feel about others. When these folks from Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island see protests after protests, their view of minorities get more angrier. They live in blue-collar, suburban areas. They are tough. Some of them have minority friends. They just want candidates who respect them and honor them. People like Giuliani and Lhota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjcvvcrfr8k

Against my better judgment, I randomly clicked on one of your links.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was one obnoxious campaign ad for Lhota.

Then why are you carrying water for people who do?

Tell your friends to watch this documentary. It’s important.

Does it never occur to your friends that the protesters might be right, that they might have some legitimate grievances to protest about? They are, and they do.

I try to, and they tell me that I’m appealing to “low life scum”. They want the protesters to respect the police. In Queens and Staten Island, they LOVE the police. Especially in Middle Village, Glendale, Maspeth, Queens. Please visit there if any of you are in New York City.

Isn’t Middle Village where all those short people with fuzzy feet live?

Sure. That’s because your friends are bigots.

The protesters are protesting the fact that Chicago police murdered a 17 year old and then conspired to destroy evidence of their crime. What your friends want is stupid and unreasonable.

But it’s not about logic, is it? It’s about spreading your friends’ stupid and unreasonable bigotry.

Yeah, we’re all in a huge hurry to go visit your bigot friends.

Isn’t that a bit problematic, if the protest is about police brutality?

Can we let the sun go down on our heads there?

It’s good to visit other areas in the country. Don’t only visit Midtown Manhattan, Herald Square. Visit these working class areas and see how they really feel. I provided bus schedules. **Please visit Queens and Staten Island. You have to learn other cultures. **

http://web.mta.info/busco/schedules/q067cur.pdf

http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q059cur.pdf

http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s061cur.pdf

http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s055cur.pdf

If they’ve been voting for Republican candidates for more than 25 years, they aren’t “swing voters” by any definition.

You’re telling me that I have to learn other cultures? Do you tell this to your friends?

I feel like we’re conversing with a travel robot.

“Mike Huckabee runs for president. There are protests against police officers. What do you think about these issues? While deciding, why not a trip to Queens? Here are the bus schedules.”

:smiley:

You see it right there, how so-called “liberals” are narrow-minded and intolerant! And the hypocrisy? Don’t get me started on the hypocrisy…