Can some pro-lifer explain this idiocy to me, please?

I have some reservations about fetal tissue research, but am undecided on the issue. If anybody ever read The Gift From Earth by Larry Niven, they’ll understand.

Suppose fetal tissue can make you live forever.

Suppose it can cure cancer.

Suppose it can make you smarter.

Or, let’s just suppose it can help reverse Alzheimer’s.
If it can do any of these things, people are going to want it. They’re going to want it bad.

Given any of the above, and either myself, or my own in need, I might do anything to get it.

Baby farms anyone?

The way Shrub is going, I’ll be living there. Even I, who fully expected nothing good at all, am appalled by how swiftly, unequivically and relentlessly he is going about spitting in the face of liberals, hell, centrists! everywhere.

Well, reasons for being pro-choice, actually.

That’s ok, you don’t have to be a full-fledged democrat, I’m not a republican. Wanna go out for a Sharps later? :wink:

Gaudere:"mx-6*
quote:

What is a little too complex for Stoid’s feeble little brain

If you had paid more attention to this thread you would have seen that Stoid made a statement that Bush had a feeble little brain.

My remark was just in retort.

Take it as you will.

I am bad at saying alot:D. Its also Stoid we are talking about, I don’t like putting alot of effort into people who are incapable of empathy.

Stoid, the reason why what PunditLisa said is not bullshit is because those bodies are used with consent. You see, theres this thing called being a donor. Where when you go to get your drivers liscense you can choose to be a donor or not. At least I think thats it, I never made a study of what being a donor means.

Your family can donate your body whether you’re a registered donor or not. That’s all that’s happening here. The family of the “deceased” is donating the “body” to science.

[Moderator Hat ON]

I assure you, I have paid quite sufficient attention to this thread. It is and always has been acceptable to insult public figures in this forum, so long as you do not reach a point where the Reader may possibly be liable for charges of slander, or you do not simply rant without any debate. You may NOT directly insult your fellow posters in this forum; that is what the Pit is for. I have taken your remark as I will, as you recommended, and what I will is that you will cease such remarks in this forum. Thank you.

[Moderator Hat OFF]

Stoid quote:

Originally posted by mx-6*

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, I’m sorry, did you say something? No? Didn’t think so."

I see, you don’t want to acknowledge anyone who can dispute your original post. Logic eludes you, stoid.

So here is it is. Again! This time in plain English for those that have Stoid’s inpediment.

If abortions are availible for research don’t you think that your Hospital will push their “customers” for a few extra abortions? Do you have any idea how much money this would bring to any hospital? Do you know that bribes would not be given? Of course not!!

Do you really believe that this would not be an issue?

Stoid?

Of course it is an issue. You cannot deny it. Thus the zzzzzzzzzzzzz crap that you posted previously. 1+1=2 but you tried to elude this by posting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’s. What a clown. HaHa.

The fact is that abortions aren’t experiments and if they are to be bought then you are, in effect, saying that once again lives are bought and sold.

Slavery, anyone?

I hope that we are a little more intellegent than that.

No more of the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ crap.

Either answer the question or give up this thread.

There is no way that abortion could save lives while not costing us many more lives in the process. It is supply and demand and the demand would be high.

You can’t even try to deny it.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Stoid *

How is it that any rational person can froth at the mouth over a “meaningless” posture? Or maybe I just answered my own question.

Marc

Apparently, George Bush is hanging out on the Straight Dope, disguised as mx-6! Whoda thunk it?

Knowing that, I shall relish making rude (yet accurate!) remarks about the Shrub even more!

Threadspotting, here we come!

:rolleyes:

Meaningless in that what he is doing means nothing in terms of whether abortions will continue or not, whether this act in any way advances the cause of the anti-abortionists. it may make them “feel better” to know that fetuses are being tossed in the trash and burned, rather than helping humanity, but that is worthless. Meaningless. An ego stroke. The whole human race pays the price…for what? What is accomplished? Nothing. Meaningless.

Yeah, but you won’t reply to my post.

And by the way, nice job deleting your post where you called Bush a “feeble little brain”.

It seems that you are living up to that slur lately.
Stoid:“Apparently, George Bush is hanging out on the Straight Dope, disguised as mx-6! Whoda thunk it?”

If that was true then you are actually admitting that GW has out-classed you.

You must know that I am not GW Bush.

If I was then where would that leave you?

Since it is apparent to you that GW is an idiot.

This, like every every abortion arguement I have ever been a part of, has degraded into an apples and oranges arguement. Its a sham reeally 'cuz I really would have expected more from Dopers.

The crux of the matter, of course, is whether the fetus in question deserves the same rights that you and I take for granted; that is: is it a person.

Some say, “Hell, yes” and think that any embryo, being of mother and father, has a right to self determination beyond the needs of those responsible for its creation. How many unborn would choose evacuation over life? Didn’t we all begin our own lives as the simplest, only to acheive the most(or maybe not, but isn’t that what life’s all about?) our lives held for us?
Others see the fetus as simply that. A mass of cells that offers a biological system akin to the “Big Bang” with a promise of omniscience, and with it omnipotence. Or even Immortality. How could we NOT take advantage of this? The source of the fetus is unimportant. We could cure disease and ease the suffering, even END the suffering, of so many if we only knew how it all worked.

How can we reconsile these two beliefs?

Her post regarding Bush’s “feeeble [sic] little brain” is still intact, of course. Members cannot edit their posts; only moderators and administrators have that power. And…

[Moderator Hat ON]

You will not even by implication refer to anyone in this thread ever again as possessing a feeble little brain, or I will start deleting any posts in which you do so. Have I made myself clear?

[Moderator Hat OFF]

In this argument, however, such a distinction is meaningless. It simply doesn’t matter. The next of kin of an adult can donate the body to science, regardless of whether the deceased has indicated a desire for this to be done with his body.

Donating an aborted fetus is exactly the same thing, in every way.

Not exactly. Can I murder you and give your parts to science? I don’t think so. People who are pro-life think that this would be the same situation. Consider that aspect before you call their position ‘idiotic’.

Bush only banned federal research money. So far as I know state and private money can be used though. So how is this costing the whole human race anything?

Marc

Gaudere:“You will not even by implication refer to anyone in this thread ever again as possessing a feeble little brain, or I will start deleting any posts in which you do so. Have I made myself clear?”

Of course no one here posesses a febble little brain. :confused:

http://www.geocities.com/him_voxdei/image/laugh.gif

Only our president. :eek:

Right Gaudere? Isn’t that what you wanted to hear?

http://www.geocities.com/him_voxdei/image/roll.gif

BTW Stoid will never reply to my post because it makes sense. Thus the zzzzzzzzzzzzz reply.

Meaning that there is no way that a reply is going to be given. Just disregard and troll on in the typical non-responsible fashion.

I see.

http://www.geocities.com/him_voxdei/image/rollsmile.gif

mx-6*, do you like posting here? Do you want to continue to do so? Then heed the moderator’s warnings.

Lynn
Administrator
For the Straight Dope