Can someone translate this for me. French to English.

I have what I believe is Spam but if it is not I would like the sender to know they have reached the wrong party. I believe the language is French

Cher Monsieur Levy,

Nous avons le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre affiliation à ExpatPlus a été acceptée par notre Médecin Conseil. Nous vous souhaitons la bienvenue !

Le montant de votre prime s’élève à 1.532,04 USD, couvre la période du 01/08/2007 au 30/09/2007 et se décompose comme suit :

LEVY Emmanuel (°21/02/1956)

Globe avec une franchise de 125 $, monde entier : 902 USD / trimestre

Total pour 2 mois (du 01/08/2007 au 30/09/2007) : 601,33 USD

LEVY Edith (°24/09/1959)

Globe avec une franchise de 125 $, monde entier : 666,57 USd / trimestre

Total pour 2 mois (du 01/08/2007 au 30/09/2007) : 444,38 USD

LEVY Noémie (°05/04/1989)

Globe avec une franchise de 125 $, monde entier : 460,85 USD / trimestre

Total pour 2 mois (du 01/08/2007 au 30/09/2007) : 307,23 USD

LEVY Max (°16/07/1991)

Globe avec une franchise de 125 $, monde entier : 268,65 USD / trimestre

Total pour 2 mois (du 01/08/2007 au 30/09/2007) : 179,10 USD

Ce montant sera déduit de votre carte de crédit dans le courant de la semaine.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour tout renseignement supplémentaire dont vous pourriez avoir besoin.

Sincères salutations,

Joris Smets
Account Manager - Expat Solutions
Vanbreda International

Sent by

Elise Rousse
Customer Service Representative - Expat Solutions
Vanbreda International
Tel: +32.3.217.65.37
Fax: +32.3.663.73.14
www.expatplus.com
info@expatplus.com

My French isn’t particularly good but I’d contact them and let them know they have the wrong person. Short form–someone and their family was approved for insurance coverage and they will probably be wondering shortly why their credit card is being billed.

It looks suspiciously like a ransom email.

If my French can be relied upon, your entire family has been stolen by the French Government and is now being ‘processed’ prior to being sold into the slave trade.

Jayn Newell’s French was good enough. She’s right. This is a pretty important insurance document. It would be wise to return it to the sender so that it can be sent to the right persons.

Dear Mr. Levy,

It is our pleasure to inform you that your application to ExpatPlus has been accepted by our Medical Council. Please allow us to extend you a warm welcome!

The balance of your primary account comes to $1,532.04 US dollars, covering the period of 01/08/2007 to 30/09/2007, and breaks down as follows…

(financial information follows)

This balance will be deducted from your credit card this current week.

If you need any further assistance, we remain at your service.

Sincerely yours,

etc.
It’s insurance stuff. Pass it along, stat. :slight_smile:

I agree with Jayn, it looks like Monsieur Levy is living overseas and applied for expat health insurance for his family, for which this is an approval letter.

That’s French, alright. The phone number I think is Belgian.

It seems too well written to be spam, and looks real.

However, I’d check out the contact info, address, etc to see whether they’re real. :: googles ::

There are companies, or at least web pages, named Vanbreda and Expatplus. A quick search of the Belgian phone book though InfoBel revealed a company by that name in Antwerp, but with a slightly-different phone number.

Maybe call the person back, but NOT from your home or business phone. Use a pay phone.

I thank all of you for your help. I’m in the US so I don’t feel like calling an international number. I have sent a replay to their E-mail advised them of their error.