Can someone translate this Spanish hymn?

These were written by Tomás Pascual (Max Quin) between 1595-1635 and were found in storage in the 20th century. I tried to use the google auto translator but it comes out weird.

"Asi andando el parto se me va’a
sercando andando asi
quedando virgen pario.

Sin dolor pari con mucha alegria
Y’en naçareth al Señor que de los çielos venia
Fue mi vientre concebido este dia
El mundo lesta esperando em Bethlen."

Maybe because it’s Portuguese? Or at least nonstandard Spanish. In Spanish, you’d have cercando rather than sercando, and en instead of em.

This is what Babel Fish translated it to:

Thus walking the childbirth me va’a sercando thus walking being virgin pario. Without pain pari with much joy Y’en naçareth to the Gentleman who of the çielos venia Was my conceived belly east day The world lesta waiting for member state Bethlen.

According to the San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble, who recorded this song, it’s more or less:

“Thus it comes: the childbirth is approaching me and comes thus.” Stopping, the virgin gave birth. Without pain she gave birth, with much happiness. “And in Nazareth that day it was my womb which conceived Him who came from the heavens.” The world awaits him in Bethlehem.

For what it’s worth, this thing —> ç is not a letter in Spanish. Maybe it was in the 17th century. Spanish hasn’t changed so rapidly like English has, though, so I wouldn’t count on it.

It might be worth noting that the hymn’s author, Tomás Pascual, was apparently not a native Spanish speaker, but a Mayan living in what is now Guatemala. Max Quin (pronounced mahsh keen) was his original Mayan name.

It’s known that he was familiar with Latin texts (they appear mixed in with his own work), so it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine that he may also have been exposed to texts written in Portuguese, and mentally conflated it with Spanish (not hard to do even with a 20th Century education!). Perhaps, lacking the internal error-checking capability of a native Spanish speaker, he unwittingly borrowed the “ç” and the “em” from the Portuguese that he’d seen.

It seems unlikely that there would have been a widespread Spanish / Portuguese pidgin or creole at that time in Guatemala, but it’s not totally impossible (see Papiamento for an example a little further east in the Caribbean). However, we don’t have too many other examples of Spanish written by native Mayans in 17th Century Guatemala to compare this to!