Can you enable: Post a Quick Reply

“Post a Quick Reply”, is a function of the new software & not covered in the FAQ.

What it does it post a little text reply box at the bottom of the page where you can type a reply without having to reload a to a reply page. You have to cut & paste to quote with Post a Quick Reply.

Maybe we can implement it in the future? It makes the moderator job easier.

I may be being stupid here but … how does it make moderating easier?

From the description, it would seem that it makes a poster’s job easier. Moderators are posters. Q.E.D.

On the other hand, one could argue that at a busy board such as the SDMB, anything that slows down posters makes the moderator’s job easier.

handy, why am I not surprised that such a feature would appeal to you? :slight_smile: We’ll discuss it amongst the staff.

Well, though I’m not a fan of anything that will make drive-by posting easier, less posters opening reply pages means less bandwidth being used sending reply pages, correct? Just something to consider, though I still don’t think it’s a good idea.

Quick Reply is a feature that most definitely reduces both bandwidth and server load, and can really speed up some aspects of the Board (MPSIMS and IMHO type posts). I hope you guys give it a try to test when things settle down - based on what people online have reported, you might see a 20% or greater speed increase from this one alone.

Perhaps enable it for those two fora only? Or IMHO alone? If that’s doable. Maybe.

I’d never use it, though. I like preview too much.

To be more precise, it is not a function of the new software. Implementing this would require modifying the source code. If you do this, the product is unsupported. So we will not implement this feature.