Canadope 2015: Battlestar Canadica

For some unknown reason, probably Freudian, I read that initially as “fleas fuck” and was following it difficult to follow the conversation. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year, fellow Canucks. We had a quiet New Years in front of the wood stove, then got the New Year off to a good start with a 20k run through the relatively deserted streets of Toronto!

No idea what will be for supper here–the Rose Bowl is on, followed by the Sugar Bowl, so it will likely be something I can have in front of the TV.

Currently +3C in Edmonton. Abnormal temperature trend (i.e. temp falling rather than rising during the day) tomorrow to -17C during the day. Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy go the temperatures. Mother Nature must have PMS.

Happy N.Y. from a Thunder Bay area finlander!:smiley:

I watched the Royal Canadian Air Farce New Year’s Even special because a very close relative was in it.

Good Lord, that was some unfunny stuff. The jokes are largely written for people who are at least 65 years old, the notable outlier being the riff on the song “Happy” - which was funny as hell and well performed by long-overdue-young-blood Darryl Hinds - but of course the Air Farce’s demographic probably didn’t know the song or get the joke.

Belated Happy New Years All! I am officially an old fart as we were in bed by 1030. We did however, make a big ass jug of mimosas for breakfast with the champagne we bought, so even if 2014 left with a whimper 2015 came in with a bang (or at least a Pop!) Today is blowing snow and -20, which for Cold Lake is still slightly above the norm, so not too bad.
I tried to watch the Niagara Falls New Years and gave up, WTF is with the hosts wearing Canada Goose parkas on stage when it was -7? That’s practically t-shirt weather. Wussies.

Maybe they’re all used to living in Los Angeles now. -7 in a sheltered area? Well, I’d put a sweater on…:smiley:

Soooo cold…here’s a Canadian test I’ve thought of - you might be Canadian if you’ve ever wiped your nose on your mitten. :slight_smile:

It’s so cold out, it reminds me of the song “The North” by the band Stars.

“It’s so cold in this country. You can never get warm.”

It was cold, snowy and blowy last night, and I was reminded of what my brother-in-law said last winter; “Why do we live in this fucking country?” :smiley:

Because in summer, we have some awesome golf courses!

I got out today and shovelled. Got everything clear, but it was cold.

Sloppy day! Probably 7-10cm of snow followed by some freezing rain made for an exceedingly nerve-wracking time on the 401 this evening. Slippery roads with a bunch of people who seem to have forgotten last winter equals a mess. I watched a pickup fishtail across a ramp and ditch himself on the way to an On-Route (although if he hadn’t been doing 60kph in the snowy, slippery mess, that probably wouldn’t have happened).

We’re expecting a whack more of snow overnight and more freezing rain, so we’ve battened down with canned goods and candles. We may have to use the shovel for the very first time this winter! The previous snowflakes all melted away before we could even get the shovel out. I am not complaining.

Ahh Spoons. Some day, my friend, I hope to have a golf game with you.

If I drive back to Ontario again (which means that I can take my clubs in the car), I’ll stay on 17 past Sudbury and head on to Ottawa for some golf at your favourite course there. Then, we’ll head back to the northeast GTA (and that’s pushing the definition of “GTA”) for a round at my favourite course there. Deal? :slight_smile:

Well ya!

I saw and answered your PM before seeing this.
FORE!

Looks like we need to organize a “CanaDoper Golf Day.”

You need not play golf; it would be a excuse to take over a country club for a day.

Who’s in? And where should we have it?

Checking in to wish everyone a great new year.

So on Jan. 1 the new legislation took full effect but I haven’t seen any sort of “deep” analysis about what exactly this means to the pirates.

Can someone with some legal knowledge provide all of us who have friends that participate in this with a layman’s synopsis of the legislation and how it will likely be implemented?

Thanks in advance;

Zeke

Everyone knows that -7 in eastern Canada is equivalent to -20 or -30 in western Canada because western Canada has a ‘dry cold’. Duh!

A friend of mine told me a story about a guy from Newfoundland (and Labrador) that he worked with in northern Alberta. The Newfoundlander was worried about how cold it would be in Alberta, but all his friends told him not to worry because it was a ‘dry cold’. Well, one cold winter’s day the Newfoundlander was working outside when he stopped, shook his fist at the heavens, and bitterly proclaimed: SCREW YOU, DRY COLD!!