My only experience with a chrome book is my daughter’s school issued one and they have it locked down pretty tightly so I’ve never messed with the settings.
Having said that, multiple sites, that may well all be using the same source materiel so I have no idea if it works, give these instructions:
- Launch the Chrome browser and type the following path:
- Locate the debugging keyboard shortcuts and click Enable . Disable is selected by Default.
- Select the Relaunch Now icon to restart Chrome to apply the changes.
- After logging in again, perform this keyboard shortcut.
- This allows a way to toggle the touch screen on or off.
ETA: Other sites use the word “toggle” instead of “disable” and also say that after doing this Search+Shift+P will toggle the touchpad.