Cannibalism trope

The Good Guy™ being roasted on a spit is never killed and cleaned. Heck, he’s never even undressed.

The missionaries are similarly dressed when plunged into a giant pot of boiling water.

The two guys stranded on a desert island survive despite the palm tree having one coconut.

Should this be in a game forum?

I once saw a documentary about a South American Indian tribe. Killed a monkey with a poison dart, brought it back to the village, and tossed it onto a fire to roast. Didn’t gut or skin it, didn’t even put it on a spit. Yeccch! :frowning:

There was a single panel cartoon in which one of the guys in the pot is laughing because said he peed in the water. I’m thinking Far Side, but I’m sure it’s too much for the newspaper. I’m not sure if this one is 100% or it’s just in my imagination (if it’s real, it’s from National Lampoon’s Cartoons Even We Wouldn’t Dare Print in which the woman tells the cannibals she’s on her period and they say “Ummm…tomato soup!”. Most be real because even I can’t have thought that up now could I???

Something that I did think of that wasn’t in cartoon, is that the guy on the spit or in the pot would poop! Mole sauce???

They shouldn’t be boiled- they’re friars.

This is making me think of the Brazilian film How Tasty Was My Little Frenchman, which I think was based on a true story.

:smack: Ba dump dump!

Perhaps it was an adaptation of How Green Was My Valley?

Dump-lings. :smiley:

Poop-poos!

‘It’s going to have to be Manhattan style. She’s on her period.’

Yes that’s it! :smack:

Ewww…that means I made up my own punchline! :eek:

Is it from National Lampoon? I have the mags somewhere.

It would be mole sauce if he has the runs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren’t civilized folks ever eaten raw? Think of Yank tartare.

This guy did: https://www.medicaldaily.com/naked-man-superhuman-strength-killed-after-eating-teens-face-could-pcp-or-bath-salts-have-caused

And the people on the plane that crashed in 1972 in the Andes freeze dried the flesh before eating it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/25/haunted-by-cannibalism-i-will-never-forget-that-first-incision/

I don’t know if it’s still a trope; but back in the 1970:s when I was a kid it was “common knowledge” that the part of the human body most prized by cannibals was the piece of tissue between the thumb and forefinger.

I have no idea where this came from.

Quite likely, but not certainly. I have National Lampoon on my computer, but haven’t had time to read them all.

To bring a bit of sad reality to the thread, in my teen’s I read about the Donner Party and the book described how they initially used the fattiest parts of the females (I’ve leave it up to you to figure it out) to make a broth.

On the lighter side, people in Hawaii love Spam because it tastes like human flesh! :smiley:

I’ve always wanted to make a film where the Bad Guy shouts, ‘I’LL CUT OF YOUR TITS AND WEAR ONE AS A YARMULKE!’

Urban legend. No citation available, but I think Hawaiians like SPAM[sup]®[/sup] because it was a common food in the large American military forces.

Ummm…of course my Spam was completely tongue in cheek. Mmmm…tongue…droooool. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never figured out how as a third generation Okinawan/Japanese I developed a love for something (human flesh) I’ve never tasted…or have I??? :cool:

Yes, it’s definitely from the military presence from WWII. Do they still serve Spam in the military? Its actually pretty expensive compared to say chicken.

Edit: Ironically, like most non-locals, military personnel probably hate Spam.

I’ve talked about in other posts that in Korea after the war, Army Stew, Budae Jjigae, (부대찌개) which features Spam and other ingredients from the American army is a delicacy there:

“Budae-jjigae (부대찌개; literally “army base stew”) or spicy sausage stew is a type of jjigae (stew), made with ham, sausage, spam, baked beans, kimchi and gochujang.[1] The dish was created shortly after the armistice that ended the Korean War, using the scrounged or smuggled surplus foods from the U. S. army bases.[2] Although the dish was born in the period of post-war impoverishment, it continued to be popular during the period of rapid growth, and is still popular today. There are many restaurants specializing in budae-jjigae; the most famous ones on the budae-jjigae street in Uijeongbu, where the dish was first made. The dish is now a popular anju (accompaniment to alcoholic drinks) and a lunch item in college neighborhoods.[3][2]”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budae-jjigae

Dried ramen and processed American cheese are also common ingredients.