Captain and Tennille Divorcing!

Don’t blame them. IIRC the song was actually written and originally recorded by America.

So the captain has fired his first mate, eh?

Some counter-examples:

John Doe and Exene Cervenka of X
Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart of Eurythmics
Jack and Meg White of The White Stripes

All seem to be doing that touring with an ex-spouse thing quite well.

(Although The White Stripes are no longer together, the split AFAIK wasn’t about the difficulties of touring with an ex-spouse, but more about how Jack was being limited by a below-average drummer.)

David Caruso on the topic:

Apart from the Parkinson’s, they both look quite good.

I wonder if she gets half of his voice-to-text software fortune?

Daryl Dragon is such an awesome rock name. It seems wasted on his style of music.

I know people lose money all the time, but the Captain and Tennille should have more money than God.

I just watched the first 30 seconds of a clip where Andy Griffith was trying rip off Rita Moreno, then Leonard Nimoy rode in on a toy horse to save the day.

At this point, my brain exploded.

Shortly before he went off the air, Johnny Carson told this joke to explain his retirement:

***A 110 year old man who’d been married to a 108 year old woman for 90 years, went to court to file for a divorce.

The judge looked over the paperwork and said, “Well, Mr. Jones, everything seems to be in order. But I have to ask you, after 90 years of marriage, why break up NOW?”

The old man shrugged and said, “Enough is enough.”***

Probably a kernel of truth to that.

How much would it cost me to make Knock Three Times illegal?

:smiley:

Yeah. I looked that up and now I’m cleaning brain off my monitor.

I didn’t know they were married. Actually, aside from them being the wellspring of one of the most awesome Arrested Development jokes ever, I can’t say I know much about them at all.

Tennille?
Yes, to not make eye contact.

When was their last hit? It doesn’t last forever, and sales are constantly declining. I’d imagine their last substantial source of income would be playing concerts, and it doesn’t sound like Daryl has been able to play music for quite some time. Reading the Wikipedia article, she’s been the primary breadwinner since the 90s. While both are songwriters, their big hits were covers of songs by people like Neil Sedaka. The only one of their hits that they wrote was Do That to Me One More Time, and the real money in that is in other people covering it, and that happened only a handful of times.

From one of the reports, they just had to sell their vacation house.

Eh. I’ve been at my current job (off and on) for almost 20 years. I doubt I’ll make it one more. People change, needs change.

I thought this would be the one that ended “We thought it would be better to wait until the children were dead.”

There used to be a weekly music program back in the 50s/60s that was geared to expose elementary school children to classical music. The conductor was Carmen Dragon, Daryl’s father. I remember it well.