Carson is invading my dreams - and I don't mean Johnny!

First of all, let me just say that I LOVE the show “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.” LOVE it.

Maybe too much. Because last night I had a QEftSG dream. It was just a fragment but it was so funny that I wrote it down when I woke up because I knew I had to share it with you.

It was the part near the beginning where fashion maven Carson goes through the straight guy’s closet. Here’s the dialog from my dream:

Carson: “Cheffie, you have GOT to get rid of these sweat pants.”
Cheffie: “But Carson, these sweats are like an old friend.”
Carson: “Maybe so, hon, but they’re a friend that talks about you behind your back, and what they’re saying is ‘Look at his gigantic ass!’”

Now I ask you. Doesn’t that sound JUST like something Carson would say?

Okay, offically weirded out–I had a dream with Carson (and Jai) in it last night! Mine also had Robert Downey, Jr., who apparently wanted me to comfort him–I remember holding hands, and it’s seems like there would be more, but then Carson and Jai showed up and I remember no more. Actually, there was more with Robert prior to Carson and Jai showing up, but the point is that I also dreamed about Carson.

Does it mean something when a straight woman dreams about a gay man? Maybe I have a man trapped within me and I’ve never realized it because he’s gay! (Okay, it’s a old line, but at least it’s germane to the thread).

Carson does tend to brush aside all other presences when he’s around.

My favorite exchange of dialog from that show so far went as follows:

Kyan (the grooming expert): “Do people ever compare you to celebrities?” (or something like that, I’m paraphrasing)
Straight guy: “Yeah, people tell me I look like Keanu Reeves.”
Kyan: “That’s so wild, because people tell me that I look like Keanu.”
Carson: “People tell me that I look like Ellen DeGeneres.”