Cast the new Dr Who! (New series due in 2005)

What we really need to shake things up is to have a Black Doctor. It worked wonders for Star Trek.

Lenny Henry, that irascible ‘Chef!’ that can duel with Basil Fawly, could make a great Doctor.

Here’s one from left field, Michael Palin ?

Rowan Atkinson’s already done The doctor, in that charity special some years back (can’t find a cite right now). The show had a million and one UK actors, many of whom have been mentioned here.

And French and Saunders did a rather good turn as the Doctor in one of their movie/tv show piss-take specials (actually, I think it was just Dawn French as a rather Tom Baker-ish doctor).

Actually, I concur with others who point out that it’ll be a Brit (a given), and it’ll be someone with stage credentials rather than prior TV or Screen credentials. I’m only aware of three doctors having well-known work off-stage and on screen (large or small) prior to their turns as The Doctor. Peter Cushing (Hammer horror films), Peter Davison (All Creatures…) and Paul McGann (Withnail and I). And the chap who played The Master for a long time was on ‘Upstairs Downstairs’ for a time, but I think that was either after, or concurrent with his Dr Who work. Anyone?

I’m thinking maybe, if we need a TV star, how about someone from Grange Hill, “all growed-up like” -/east end accent.

And lets have some more companions on Ace and Leela’s calibre! No more friggin’ Melanie Brownses! Blah!

STONE HIM! STONE HIM!

I want Paul McGann back.

The audio adventures he’s done are top-notch; he should be given another shot; not his fault the TV movie had a so-so plot and was premiered against an NBA playoff game!

Jeff Olsen
[me clutching at straws]If you plot a line of best fit there is a definite trend in decreasing age. Grant you the correlation coefficient is 0.42, but I have seen worse in peer reviewed papers.:slight_smile:

ok, how about Jeff Stewart who plays Reg Hollis on The Bill.

Tom Baker is The Doctor in my book. They should try to regenerate him.

For Leela though I’d recommend the page 3 model Leilani.

Stephen Hawking as Davros.

Eeenteresting spelling of “loo” there. And appropriate subject matter for the name, too!

Poor Alan… always given the same old sinister roll.

He should be the doctor as an actor he is more than capable to give the Doctor that certain excentricty he requires.

He is such a good actor why waste him on a once a season cameo when you can have him through the entire run.

I think Malcolm McDowell would make for a good Master.

Great info guys!

London_Calling, I would second Michael Palin!

If he is not available, I would go for Chris Barrie (Arnold Rimmer/Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf)

And another vote to stone Carrot Top!!! :slight_smile: