Cast the SDMB movie

Dennis Miller - hmmm - I like it.

Of course it makes about as much sense as Nancy Reagan hosting a crack party, but who am I to complain?
I mean I don’t want to get off on a rant here, but Dennis Miller’s wit makes me look about as humorless as Morrisey after a whiskey and ludes binge.

[sub]I don’t know – that’s the best I could come up with on short notice[/sub]

Nope. Try Cecil Adams God version of Cecil B. DeMille.

Robin

Gunslinger - Dean Martin in Rio Bravio

Hey, no sorry! I’m sorry for being so touchy! You’ve just said the nicest things anyone’s said to me around here in ages. (Except for Ice Wolf). I ROCK! :smiley:

(I think of Kathy Bates as unattractive, and as I was feeling touchy, because I think everyone on the SDMB hates me, I was thinking of her roles in Misery and The Late Show. just being a dope. THANK YOU!)

stoid
I’ve got grit. I take no shit. :slight_smile:

“So when are we going to see your choices, O Mistress of Cinematic Lore?”

—Oh, I’d just be casting people like Norma Talmadge (jarbabyj?), Ramon Novarro (Manny?), Pauline Frederick (Stoid?) or Cliff Edwards (Ukelele Ike?) and get the usual blank stares and raised eyebrows . . .

Gee, so far, I seem to be an unholy mixture of Kim Basinger, Sigourney Weaver, Dame Judith Anderson, Clara Bow and Lillian Gish—Just add some Chemical X, and stand back!

Anyone feel they are familiar enough with me to cast me?

Well, just from your name, I’d go with Charles Laughton, but that might be unfair . . .

Hey, my anonimity is well-protected.

Well fine then, I’ll play.

My list (with explanations):
And pleeeeeeeeeeeeese forgive my spelling mistakes on names. Thank ye kindly.

Scylla - I’m going to go with Charlton Heston because I can see him all grizzled and panting with a shotgun in his hand screaming “get your paws of my boat, you damn dirty Amish!”

Fenris – Eric Idle. ‘cause he’s funny and I can see him with a cockney British accent. Plus, you know, from Holy Grail. “But…I just want to….siiiiiiiing,”

Eve – ** Katharine Houghton Hepburn** OK, so it was a tossup between her and Kathy Ireland. No really, who here hasn’t imagined Eve speaking in that oh-so-haughty voice with words like “dah-ling” and “vahse.” What? Just me? Fine then.

Magdalene – I’ve got two for this l’il lady. I’m thinking a cross between Alyson Hannigan from American Pie an Julie Warner from Doc Hollywood. One is excitable, wacky, and weird. The other is intelligent, independent and always one step ahead of the guys. Both drop dead gorgeous.

Zoggie – ** Cree Summer** Who? Shut up and I’ll tell you! She voices Elmyra Duff from tiny toons. You know “I’ll love it and hug it and squeeze it and love it forever and ever and ever.” Yeah, that’s Zoggie.

MercutioKeanu Reeves because he can grow a goatee and join a rock band and play the badass all he wants to but he’s too cute and cuddly to pull it off. We’ll always remember him as Ted “Theodore” Logan. WYLD STALLYNS RULE!

Suasponte AND minty greenChristopher Reeves. Remember Superman III? OK, so there was this good Superman and this bad Superman and no one could tell them apart but they both wore the “S” and they both stood for accuracy and righteousness and could be found wherever evil lurked and they fought and it was a struggle for truth, justice, and the American Way. Remember? Yeah…that was cool. It brought a tear to my eye.

andygirl – I think it’s fairly obvious choice here. Lucy Lawless. Awwww yeah….

Rasa – I’m gonna go with Helen Slater on this one. Legend of Billy Jean? I can see you shaking your fist in the air screaming “Fair is Fair!” Plus, you know, Supergirl. ‘nouf said.

oldscratch- Jim Breuer because….like…man…he’s so…what the hell was I talking about? Oh yeah. Cheetos! Plus, no one’s seen either of them in a really long time and we want them back in the spotlight.

JDT – an inanimate carbon rod.

BronzeLion - That big sillouette of a person with a questionmark in front of it. No, I don’t know who BronzeLion is either. He or she just joined the SDMB a few minutes ago.

More coming, I’m sure…

Enderw24 DAHLING, I just MIGHT have to hit you over the head with a vahse!

With a loose flap of skin hanging over one end.

damn damn DAMN DAMN.

I meant SuaSponte and typed Sue instead. Dammit. (please, please please my dear Sua chalk it up to bad eyesight, long day, not enough sleep and not a fixation on Johnny Cash, ok?)

Complete with cape.

James Van Der Beek and Jude Law . . . :slight_smile:

N4S by Drew Barrymore.
Airman Doors by Paul Rudd
Cecil by Robert DeNiro
goboy by Joaquin Phoenix (JP’s nice side)
Geobabe by Sela Ward

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Rick Moranis (we do need a comical villain after all).

It came to me in a flash of inspiration - I should be portrayed by Bette Midler, a la Ruthless People. Yep, I think she’d do me proud… But who could be my Danny DeVito??

Nope.

Uh-uh (although I don’t know who that is).

You see, I would be completely computer-generated, voiced by James Earl Jones.

Would you be wearing a black cape?

::goes off to find someone, anyone, named Luke::

This is a pretty cool thread cuz I love watching strangers and matching them up to celebrities:) Off the top of my head, here are those that I have long since applied a face to in no particular order. :slight_smile:

Padeye: Brian Dennehy (they gotta look and act the same)
Fenris: John Cleese
Scylla: Kevin Cline
Eve: Anne Archer (class act all the way… the vahse thing)
Spoofe: Tim Allen
Mercutio: Seth Green
Woodystockbirdybird: Ryan Stiles
WeirdDave: Jack Black
Coldfire: Brando (the horror, the horror)
Thinksnow: Jake Busey
Eutychus: Neil Patrick Harris
Manhattan: David Hyde Pierce
jarbabyj: Jeanine Garofalo
dropzone: Chris Penn
Gaudere: Melissa Gilbert
hrdygrl: Drew Barrymore
Nymysis: Helena Bonham Carter (fight club role…seems so fitting)
Uncle Bill: Gerald McRaney (ooo rah)
Crunchy Frog: Wayne Knight
Magdalene: Kim Delaney
Quadgop: Anthony Hopkins
Ogre: Jeff Daniels
SuaSponte: John Turturro
wring: Rue Paul (Only cuz I’m an idiot and still don’t know if you are male or female)
MsRobyn: Holly Hunter
Biggirl: Aretha Franklin (Blues Brothers…nuff said)
Monster104: James Garner
Wildest Bill: Nicholas Cage
Steve Wright: Steve Wright, of course
CrankyAsAnOldMan: Madaline Kahn
Persephone: Megan Price
Sue Duhnym: Christa Miller
Hamadryad: Julie Louis Dreyfus
Tripler: Dan Haggarty
Lynn Bodoni: Laura Dern

I’m sure there’s a few more that I’ll think of later, but this should do for now.

Tripler Dan Haggarty…BWAAHAHAHAHA!!! nahhh…Grizzly Adams he ain’t, I was thinking more like (sorry Trip) Scooter from the Muppet Show…