Casting for The Fantastic Four has been announced

Pedro Pascal (Mr. Fantastic), Vanessa Kirby (Invisible Woman) , Joseph Quinn (Johnny Storm) and Ebon Moss-Bachrach (da ever-lovin’ blue-eyed Thing). Pascal is usually good, I liked Ebon in Andor, and Kirby was pretty decent in Hobbs & Shaw. Here’s hoping it’s not a huge bomb like the last FF movie.

How many times has this been rebooted now?

Second time’s the charm!

I think this is the 2nd real reboot. There was a low budget project back in the 80s or 90s I wouldn’t count. So third cast for Fantastic 4 since 2000.

I’m unimpressed with the casting, but Marvel has been better at casting than I would expect, so I’ll probably be wrong. Even when they cast actors that can’t act for crap, they find the ones that are good for their roles like Chris Hemsworth.

What’s unimpressive about them? They all seem like solid actors.

Dr. Doom needs to wear the robe and the metal mask.

Yeah, but who do you cast? You have to have someone who can just knock people’s socks off even when wearing the mask. Very tough to fill that role.

They keep at it. Gotta give them that.

(And yeah, Doom is not easy. For Doom you want someone who from behind that mask projects power so he doesn’t sound silly referring to himself as “Doom” in 3rd person all the time.)

Wikipedia says Ebon Moss-Bachrach is from Massachusetts. Can he do a Hell’s Kitchen accent?

Darth What’s his name wore a helmet a lot and it wasn’t a problem not seeing his face.

The acting wasn’t the problem with the earlier versions.

Hugo Weaving?

if Ray Stevenson hadn’t passed away I’d perhaps choose him, even though DOOM doesn’t have to be a big guy.

I remember a short series featuring Medusa and a couple other Inhumans. They got around the living hair by shaving her head, LOL.

Please get the origin right. The only other one that did was the first one-Four people go up in a space ship, get bombarded by cosmic rays and are transmogrified into The Fantastic Four. Their human enemy is Doctor Doom, who is pissed off at Reed Richards because of an accident that happened when they were roomies at college.

…and he trudged into the mountains where he lived amongst a bunch of monks, and stuck the mask on his face when it was still red hot. And at last, they called him MASTER! I read that story :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope Doom isn’t in the script. I think he’s what largely torpedoed the first three attempts. Doom is just the anti-Reed and sucks all the air out of the other character’s stories. Bring on the monsters and aliens.

It could work.

So you’re saying they should have cast Pascal in that role…? (See Mandalorian)

This sounds like a good time to re-post

Robot Arm’s First Law of Superhero Movies

“When casting the lead roles, get actors who can effectively play the secret identity.”

Christopher Reeve was great as Clark Kent. Tobey Maguire was great as Peter Parker. Robert Downey Jr. was great as Tony Stark.

I assume that all of these people will look just fine in a spandex suit, but can they be believable as astronauts?