Castle Season 06

Good call…I bet you’re right.

Yep. As far as know I have missed an episode; and I was asking my wife: “who’s that? Is that a name I missed from earlier in the episode?”

I assumed the song was played in a previous 3XK episode and I’d just forgotten about it.

I agree that Castle works best when it doesn’t take itself so seriously. That’s a big part of it’s charm. The writing team seems to forget that at it’s core, it is supposed to funny.

I hated the Beckett’s mom arc. I do not much like the 3XK. I HATED the ‘daughetkidnappeddad is reallyaspy’ horse hockey.

I like the romance between Castle and Beckett. As long as it’s playful.

On the one hand, I’m glad they finally revealed Castle’s father. On the other, it was the typical tv reveal like with past lives. No one remembers they used to be a stable boy, and long-last dads never turn out to be an usher or waiter (both more likely to interact with a struggling actress than a double-naught spy).

Re: S6E10 “The Good, the Bad and the Baby”.

Spoilers.

So the VotW is discovered via GPS* doing many dry runs from the TV station to the gang’s hideout.

Um, why? Surely knowing some better routes away from the TV station if things got weird might help. But over and over back to the hideout? And was there much chance of things getting weird that so much planning was needed. In fact, was a former getaway driver even needed?

• And somebody working for a limo company would know about the GPS and dealt with it. Doesn’t matter who else was in on it, still don’t want evidence for the cops.

Plus, the briefcases are chosen at random. So why was the presenter allowed to pick a specific briefcase?

And then the Real Stupid: They explained why only the undoctored balls would fit into the chute. But how did they come out in exactly the predicted order? It was a one-bin gizmo except for the last one (the equivalent of the Powerball).

Yeah, but I still liked the episode anyway. Long wait until the next one.

Order doesn’t matter for most lotteries, in fact, the final numbers are presented in numerical order most of the time. Castle only called the last two out loud, so he had a 50/50 chance.

I think the producer choosing a case was the “random” aspect. Presumably she ordinarily has no knowledge of which case is which, so selecting one counts as random. I agree that it doess’t fit the real-world definition of random.

Has Beckett ever even hinted at wanting children before? Seemed weird for her to be all “when we have a kid” when dealing with Cosmo.

Well, according to the time traveler, they’re fated to have three of 'em.

Actually senator Beckett is supposed to have three of them and Castle’s future prose is supposed to be better :smiley:

But the already drawn ones were in order, IIRC. And even if that wasn’t the case, the odds are really much lower than 50/50. What would be the chances that out of 5 balls, the last two would be in a specified order? 1 out of 20.

In fact, weren’t the numbers on the ticket out of order? The big game tickets I have seen always have the numbers in order (Powerball-ish numbers aside). There is no mechanism to specify an order on a bubble-form.

Ah, you’ve got me there.