Casual use of the term "cock blocked" is fairly offensive

Gooch is guy cooch, the area between balls and a-hole. Girls don’t have one, by definition.

I’ve always heard “cooch” as slang for vulva. What you’re calling “gooch” is the taint, or perineum, and both sexes have it (though it’s between vagina and anus in women, obviously), though somehow it seems people refer to male ones far more often than female ones.

I tend to agree with the o.p.: while the term might be acceptable in certain contexts (say, a frat house), its entry into standard parlance and preeminent usage is indicative of the continued dilution of the English language as a means to communicate with nuance. I can also do without “hit that,” “tramp stamp”, and college-aged white kids referring to each other as “nigga”.

Stranger

“Nigga:” lame.

“hit that:” Unoriginal. “Hit that” is the jumping-off point, not the whole phrase. “I’d hit that like I was Ike Turner.” THAT’s proper usage.

“Tramp stamp” is accurate. It’s a scientific term, not slang. Slang is when you refer to a certain subset of the tramp stamp (specifically, the fake “tribal” tattoo) as “ass antlers.”

So it occurs to me- is there a feminine equivalent? When someone ruins a girl’s chances of hooking up with (or getting/giving phone number, or whatever), “cock block” just doesn’t make sense. What should the alternative term be?

The gooch is where the vulva would be, hence guy cooch or gooch. The penis and balls and north of there, hence guys have a taint of a few inches (the gooch) and girls have a taint or perineum of ~1/2". [Brodie Bruce]We’re not talking quantum physics here.

It still works, as long as you’re hetero. You blocked your friend from getting some cock.

People do seem to like saying “cock block.” It’s a bit like “stock swap” in that Seinfeld episode.

I don’t think the phase is offensive. I think the fact that the woman in your group of your friends thought she cock blocked you when you were trying to help a woman into a car who was so drunk she couldn’t walk on her own is kind of creepy. Unless she thought you were trying to hit on the sober one.

Twat-swatted?

Quim-stemmed?

Cooze-diffused?

Uh…[DLuxn8r-13 starts edging inconspicuously toward the exit]cunt-shunted? [ducks real low and runs for his life]

This has been done.
The proper term is cribbed from basketball defense:

“boxed out.”

The term’s not offensive, actually cock blocking someone is.

I tend to agree with the OP. In fact, it’s sort of an anti-euphemism (in the same category as “pussy-whipped” or “MILF”): a vulgar, not-for-polite-company term that I’d be embarrassed to say to certain people even though I wouldn’t be embarrassed to discuss the phenomenon it names.

I hear women say this to each other all the time, too, though. Including my friends, actually.

If something stops one of my female friends from bagging the guy (or girl) she wants, we say she was cock blocked. It’s just a saying, it doesn’t have to be literal.

I think it’s an expression that is perfectly applicable to a certain situation: if someone intentionally gets between you and your casual hook up, you got cock blocked. Cock blocker = not cool.

And while we’re on the subject, I present my favorite (SFW) “cock block” related shirt: perfection.

I agree with this completely.

Another sign of the end times:(

No, only those of us with something resembling a social life.

dick dashed would be better and I hate cock blocked. Bleh.

New user name?

48 hours ago, I had never heard this term. Then there was an thread in the pit.

I know…I’m late to the party. As a matter of a universal veto, nah. There’s a place for it in the universal lexicon. Whether it’s appropriate in situation X, I wouldn’t presume to say but I don’t advocate getting rid of things because the situation didn’t fit the usage. I write this, thinking there are times when it could have been useful to me and the connotation would have been appropriate.

Well, sure it’s vulgar. I’m confused–is the OP trying to say that this phrase should not be used, period, in casual conversation or what? I disagree with him there. In some contexts, it’s the right phrase. In others, it’s offensive. Like most language, really…