Cecil

Does Cecil ever participate in the SDMB?

Once, in the “About this Message Board” forum, he reached across one of my posts to squash an insect.

Uke

Serious answer: Only occaisonally. It is said the Master doesn’t enjoy using computers and hey, if you were the font of all knowledge, would you speed all that much time on the internet. Also, the shenanigans that go in MPSIMS are probably not interesting to Unca Cece. He does once in a while make comments in a GQ thread that is really interesting. But it’s rare.

Paranoid answer: Cecil posts, but only uses his own name for official deals. The rest of the time, he uses aclever alias, much liek the rest of us.

Infidel’s answer: There is no Cecil, therefore he cannot post to the MB.

Hope that helps.

–John

@@@@@@@@@
.___|///_/.
_/._

Hanukkah sig.
(No, I’m not Jewish)

You can look up the profile for Cecil Adams and you will see that there are 51 posts under that username. At the top of the profile page there is a link to “all posts by that registered user.”

Cecil’s Profile: http://www.straightdope.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Cecil+Adams

All posts by Cecil Adams: http://www.straightdope.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/search.cgi?action=simplesearch&ForumChoice=ALL&ExactName=yes&SearchUser=Cecil+Adams

Some people will tell you that Ed Zotti and Cecil Adams are the same person. Be that as it may, Ed Zotti usually posts on forum maintenance questions, and Cecil to reaffirm his authority on matters in dispute regarding a column.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

Yeah, he’s posted before. He commented on my question about one of his columns about Dr Pepper in ‘Comments on Cecil’s Columns’.

(He said prunes have never been used in Dr Pepper, but I have proof that shows otherwise!!!)

“People must think it must be fun to be a super genius,
But they don’t realize how hard it is
to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

You dispute the Master.
Your “proof” had better be very, very good.

don’t mean to side track this thread or anything, but does anyone else see this?

Imthecowgodmoo
Member posted 12-06-1999 12:52 PM

Doug Bowe
Member posted 12-06-1999 11:04 PM

If all the times are listed in the Central time zone, how is it that Doug Bowe posted after me, yet his time states that he posted before me?

Am I hallucinating again? Man… I just gotta lay off the crack…

– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

uh, Cowgod? 12:52 pm is afternoon. 11:04 pm is nighttime.

Don’t answer that question… I just figured it out…

yet again, I just prooved what it takes to be a super genius, yup… super genuis, that’s me

– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

You posted a little after noon.
I posted a little before midnight.

dammit, ruadh, you beat me to it

– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

Hey, cowgod, get a grip, 11:04pm is about 10 hours after 12:52pm

Just out of curiosity, what’s the SDMB simulpost record? :slight_smile:

You’ve got me on that one, but I sure as hell need to start thinking before I post, Its must be the fact that this is finals week and I’m waaaaaaay stressed out… I’m still pondering a lobotomy after that mistake.

– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

ruadh:

Okay everybody, on the count of three…

“Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I’m worried about the difference between wrong and fun.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

I still want to see the cowgod’s proof that Cecil is wrong about the prunes.

Has Cecil ever posted multiple times to one thread? According to the search he contributed 33 times to the Swiss Army Knife thread…but we all know how good the search function is.

[[Yeah, he’s posted before. He commented on my question about one of his columns about Dr Pepper in ‘Comments on Cecil’s Columns’.
(He said prunes have never been used in Dr Pepper, but I have proof that shows otherwise!!!)

Excuuuuuuuse me, but I wrote the Mailbag column about prunes in Dr Pepper; [urlhttp://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdrpepper.html.
Ce… uh, I mean Jill

Let me try that again: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdrpepper.html .
Jill

HeadLessCow: I found this one that he posted twice. http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000320.html … It’s concerning the Creole artical.
I also seem to remember someone saying that they were vindicated because Cecil posted twice and Ed posted once, but I can’t find that one.