Celebrities everyone likes

Jim Henson
Sheri Lewis
and really old school . . . George Fredrich Handel

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan would be awesome to hang out with, but I don’t know if I’d be able to keep up with them.

I worked with a lady who hated him. She thought he was an arrogant asshole.

I disagree with her, but there’s at least one person who doesn’t like him.

In the nerdy end of celebrity, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day could qualify, from what I’ve seen and read about them.

The cheap bastard still owes me $20.

I don’t like him because he cheated on his wife.

I hadn’t heard that about Handel, though I have heard he had quite a temper. (At one time he supposedly picked up one of his divas who was being temperamental and threatened to throw her out the window.)

Is it possible you were thinking of Joseph Haydn? I get the impression that everybody loved him, except possibly his wife.

And I have heard good things about Chris Hardwick. He admits to being a complete asshole when he was drinking so there are probably people who still hate him from then.

Anna Kendrick is pretty universally loved.

Yes, I also heard that Tom Hanks kinda sorta had the next wife lined up before he got rid of the previous one. Not knowing any of them personally, I can’t comment further. Ringo Starr has BEATEN his wife, back when he was an active alcoholic. :frowning: :mad:

I’m not fond of Alanis Morrissette’s music, but she’s been on a lot of these kinds of lists too.

Since the OP mentioned athletes, I’ve never heard anything negative about Albert Pujols either.

Just because someone has nothing you really hate about them, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are likable. I think she’s kind of bland.

Willy Nelson - I’m surprised he isn’t on here yet.

Jennifer Anniston.

Stan Musial.

I’ve heard many good stories about John Candy. He often played very similar characters, but they were all loveable schlubs. Maybe he wasn’t acting?

Mary Tyler Moore.

Alan Alda

Let’s not forget Paul Newman!

:wink:

I know lots of people who loathe Alda. Too liberal for starters.

Paul Newman

Mel Brooks

I HATE Mary Tyler Moore! Always have, always will.

Thats the longest thread I’ve ever started. I’m watching The Sting tonight in honor of him.

I’ve heard Jack Lemon was one of the kindest men in Hollywood.