Celebrities with the most/least class and grace

Hillary Swank=Hillary Wanks

[NDP hands mobo85 a rubber ball.]

I’m glad I started this thread, if only to have learned about King Hussain.

Jeremy Irons = Is Ron Jeremy :eek:

I thought the Magic Johnson’s press conference telling the world he was HIV was one of the classiest things I have ever seen.

Most: Audrey Hepburn and/or Cary Grant, Gregory Peck

Least: Britney, Michael Vick, Paris Hilton

Least: Donald Trump

My friend’s husband worked for a company that sponsored racing cars. She accompanied him to some event or another…and came back with a photograph of herself and Paul Newman standing under a tent. He had his arm around her shoulder in the nicest, friendliest way. Paul.Fricking.Newman.

I’ve always heard that Clint Eastwood is a class act.

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned the really super-obvious “worst” list, although I guess it kind of goes without saying. But a list of the people with least class that doesn’t involve Paris Hilton is crippled, don’t you think?

Except for the fact that Magic admitted to repeatedly cheating on his wife beforehand, which to my mind disqualifies him from the classy category. Classy people don’t do that in the first place, do they?

Victor Garber was so friendly when I met him, and I’ve heard the same from other people.

Most: Forest Whittaker

Least: Pete Doherty…a drunken junkie twat

I was going to come in here and nominate Will but thought people would try to talk me down.

My Least: Mel Gibson.

I’ve never met the guy, but Henry Fonda seemed to be a class act.

Fonda’s children described him as emotionally distant.

He did wrong, got in trouble as a result and admitted it- no real class there IMO.

I’ve never heard a bad thing said about Tom Hanks. People just love the guy, and I recall a story (may have been from here) about why they chose to cast him in Apollo 13. If we got a news report that said Tom Hanks was trapped in outer space, people all over the country would be concerned, and we’d want to see him safely rescued as soon as possible. The reaction might not have been the same for other actors, even good ones – if the news said Robert DeNiro was trapped in outer space, people might think “Robert DeNiro? What he hell was he doing out there in the first place? That’s just silly!”

Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly is a class act all the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaczoJMRhs (8 minutes long, but worth a watch.)

Yeah. I just read the Wiki entry on him, and it mentions that too.

I watched a bit of an A&E type of biography on him, and they included a video of an “at home” interview someone did with him done sometime in the 60’s or early 70’s.

He seemed extremely consious of his posture and whatnot. All of his movements seemed deliberate. Even the placement of his hands when he wasn’t doing anything with them. I guess years of acting will do that to you. For what it’s worth, my mind interpreted all that as “the man is being very polite and gracious for his guest”.

Indeed.

Scott Bakula is not as well known, but I just thought of him because everyone he works with praises him.

A good choice. And a wonderful speech! :slight_smile:

(He also directed the great vampire episode of The Office. The shot of Jim looking back over his shoulder at Dwight was directorial perfection.)

Someone mentioned Kat Hepburn, and in that vein I’d like to offer up Arlene Francis as well. She was almost like a female Tim Gunn, if that makes any sense.