Chain story - - - - NO STUPID LIMITS!

“He’s so cute!” cooed Rachel, and, feeling that she had gained some connection to the horrible little man, continued “Don’t you have any blue rope? This silly orange stuff clashes horribly with my clothes.”
Renfield picked a spider leg from his lower lip. “Don’t worry about your clothes”, he hissed, “just obey the Master!”
The glare from his eyes in the twitchy face assured Rachel that he was insane.

(Because, obviously, his snacking on spider legs and chewing weasel feces seemed perfectly rational.)

Rebekah, meanwhile, was pissed and could feel the violent throes of a headache at the edges of her temples.

This

(In the Bram Stoker novel, Dracula’s minion Reinfield eats flies and spiders, believing that taking lives gives him…something. “Give me lives, Master!” He was a a patient in the mental hospital where one of the protagonists was employed, so he was fucked up to begin with.)

caused Rebecka to wonder how the hell she spelled her name. The migraine wasn’t helping. She became more awake, and aware of Reinfield. “Oh my God this is gross!” she mumbled, twisting at her bonds, “And the color is soooooo icky. Where did they buy it, Wally World?”

Back at the lab, Lucy finally got Monroe armed and armored and in the van.

“I’ll drive. You navigate.” She commanded as she hopped in the driver’s seat and fired up the war wagon.

“Navigate? How the hell do I know where we are going?” Monroe asked, strapping himself in the passenger seat.

“Just use your phone, ya idiot! I installed the app for you last week, remember?”

“O…oh yeah.” Monroe said, but he was lying. He didn’t remember. He usually glosses over when she talks tech. He studies old things. Not these new damn things. He nervously looked around on his phone for the app as Lucy raced out of the garage. Where is the app? Is that it? No. Is it on this screen?..no. Damn this thing. I wonder if this thing has solitaire. Oh! Oh it Does! Check that out! Neat! Oh look, I already got some aces…

Daylight.
Sam slept in his coffin, secure in a secret crypt beneath the mausoleum that not even the idiot Renfield knew about. The malignant psycho was easy to control, but Sam wanted him to have no knowledge of his resting places. Seven of them, provided with his native earth. He fed on both of the young women. With two, he could keep them from changing, or dying for some time. He did like wandering the city in the night, feeding rarely. It was much safer for Renfield to capture women, and keep them in a safe house. They would eventually disappear, leaving no clues to a vampire stalking the city. In his sleep, he dreamed of the glory and joy when he was the ruler of much of Central Europe.

“You stupid, stupid, stupid, ssst…GAH!” Lucy loved Monroe, but it was all she could do to choke on her rage. “It’s daylight already! Look!” She yelled, pointing out of the window. “We’ve been driving around in circles for hours! Now it’s too late! AGAIN!”

Sam’s dreams changed. Someone was looking for him. He could go about in the sun, his shoe soles filled with his native earth, clothes and gloves, Ray Bans. He must find his enemies, and defeat them.

Lucy and Monroe stopped at a diner for breakfast and to discuss their next moves.

“I’ve got an 11am class, but I can just have them watch a filmstrip. I need you to print up a new batch of pamphlets. Maybe change the font to something scarier?”

Lucy replied, “We need to get some rest and rethink this. I knew we should’ve ordered decaf.”

Story from the Collinsport Times:

The discovery early this morning of the body of a young woman behind Tom & Jerry’s Bar and Grill is disturbing. Medical study of the body show a very low red blood cell count. The Collinsport coroner, Dr. William Board, believes the woman to have been quite ill. The only marks on the body are two puncture wounds on the neck. The body is identified as that of Deborah Rhodes, a sex worker with the “trademark” of bright red lipstick, who used the working name “Little Debbie”. Ms Rhodes was know to be ill nourished and generally in poor health. The cause if death has been ruled natural causes. Ms Rhodes was known to drink heavily. “She neglected her health”, Board said, “with fatal consequences.”
There are no known relatives. Funeral arrangements will be made by the county.

“See! They found another one! Just over in Collinsport, two towns over!” Wanda Ducksworth said to her husband. “I just know something has happened to Rache and Becca! We haven’t heard from them in weeks! I just knew we shouldn’t have let them apply to Transylbalkanianton Tech! The yelp reviews are horrible!” Wanda collapsed onto the couch sobbing.

Her husband, Frankie, tried to console her. “They’re just off exploring their new world and busy with classes. We’ll hear from them soon enough.” But deep down, Frankie felt something was wrong too. Maybe later he’ll call the number on the back of that pamphlet that came with the girls’ acceptance letters.

“Monroe!” called Lucy and turned up the volume on the blue tooth speaker.
“Two sisters, students at Transylbalkanianton Tech were reported missing three weeks ago. Originally dismissed as “student frivolity” by the Collinsport police, a major investigation is now underway at the insistence of their Mother. “Bitch wouldn’t shut up for three god damn…the parents of the young women are understandably concerned”, said officer Obie of the Collinsport police department. “We have intensified our investigation into their mysterious disappearance.”
It is significant to note that one Sarah Bernhardt, a waitress at Ben & Jerry’s, has been reported missing for three days. The young woman is known by the patrons of the restaurant as “a free spirit” and is know as liberally displaying her affections.”"

“Oh fuck.” said Monroe, touching the Holy Water in his pocket.

Sam writhed, disturbed in his usual peaceful sleep.

The faint but definite scent of garlic wafted its redolent way into his coffin.

"An fenebe is! " growled Sam quietly, and took a 1911A in each hand. Fangs and supernatural strength were good, but you couldn’t beat .45 ACP when someone came at you with a stake at two feet.

“'Allo, Sammy,” smirked the bespectacled Dr. Abram van Helsing, “it’s about time you woke up.”

“Szent szar, Abe, you know better than to sneak up on me like that” sighed Sam.

A chain saw started up, and Reinfield charged into the room, or rather waddled, holding the spinning chain saw at waist height. “I’ll save you Master” he exclaimed as van Helsing ran behind Sam. Reinfeild kept coming, and van Helsing continued to keep Sam between them.
“Reinfield, you idiot!” exclaimed Sam, “He’s on our side!”

Reinfield sulked as put the chainsaw down and pulled a dead bird from his pocket.
“And turn that damned thing off.”
Reinfield took a bite. “I do like the sound that the bones make when they crunch.”
Van Helsing paled.