Changing links?

I’d send them a followup email saying it appears to be Viglink instead.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think Viglink is rather shady.

Here’s a forum that had the same problem (Amazon to Walmart) in March.

You can disable VigLink from running on your computer. Go to Privacy Center - Sovrn, Inc. and click “Disable” and VigLink won’t run when you click on a link.

Just checking in on IPad Safari: the ol’ flash the Amazon deal the Walmart also.

So what do I lose by disabling VigLink? Ie, why do I let it futz with me anyway?

ETA: I’ll now find out…

Problem solved.

I don’t think having to rely on a website I didn’t want anyway is right. Safari should have a means of blocking anything I want.

It goes to Amazon for me. I’m using Firefox with the Ghostery extension, which blocks trackers. I can click on an icon and see what trackers it’s blocking for whatever site I’m on. Sure enough, one of the things it’s currently blocking is Vigilink.

Um… tooldtocare, are you in the wrong thread?

You can also use a custom HOSTS file to block them entirely. Possibly more useful than hoping they will always respect your opt out requests.

All well and good for a computer. There’s really no alternative if you’re browsing on a phone or a pad.

I think he’s explaining why a select few users are chosen to get their Amazon links re-directed to Wal-Mart, according to the KJV (King James Viglink) scriptures.

Oddly, this took me to Walmart, too

Ninjad by less than a minute…

Redirecting to walmart for me too. If you let some dodgy link-molesting software dork with the links on your pages, it’s only a matter of time until it starts changing your links in a way you don’t like. Ditch viglink.

All roads lead to Wal-mart.

Post #46 reported.

Moderator Note

It’s pretty obvious that post 46 was meant to go somewhere else. Since I have no idea where though, I don’t know where to put it. Since you guys are having a bit of fun with it, I guess it can stay here.

Looks like what was supposed to be a new thread.

I see that now. I didn’t see it as a link.

Color me whooshed. :o

I would very strongly recommend against using Viglink’s opt-out page. Opt-out links are only useful when coming from ethical companies, which Viglink has proven itself not to be. If they’ll do sleazy stuff with their primary service, then they’ll do sleazy stuff with their opt-out, too.

Whoah. Now I’m paranoid about being paranoid.

Still haven’t spent time on the net now that I’ve opted out. So still waiting to see what happens.