Character from a book you just *SWOON* over

That is quite possibly the most beautifully twisted literary character tribute I have ever read. No wonder I adore your posts.

Catherine from Wuthering Heights. One (okay, this one) has to be smitten by her passion, however misguided it may be.

After that, Lady Sally McGee is a much adored second.

Oh, I’ve gushed about Gus before! He’s my dream man too!

Then there’s T.S. Garp, “a muscular prick who can cook.” Mmmm.

Stu Redman from The Stand. He’s who I want if the world comes to an end.

Definitely Darcy (yep, that’s a given)

and John Smythe from Elizabeth Peters’ Vicki Bliss books (only four of 'em)
Cricket

Before you read my vote, know this: I am still, technically, a kid.

Sirius Black, from the Harry Potter novels. Depending on my mood, I either love or hate Harry Potter, but no matter what, I always like Sirius.

Besides, he’s got that whole convicted murderer-protector-hero-supernatural-cursed thing going on. That’s what makes me “swooooooooon.” :slight_smile:

From the dork viewpoint: the character of Karla from Douglas Coupland’s Microserfs.

Someone who can postulate upon the metaphysical conundrums of the universe andgive shiatsu massages? Be still, my beating heart…

Theodore Laurence (known as “Laurie” ) From Little Women.
Years ago,when I read that book, I was completely Smitten.

What about a character in a book you have read, but didn’t get swoony over until the movie came out? Because I thought that Severous Snape was an interesting character in Harry Potter, but when I saw Alan Rickman play Snape… :swoon:! Of course, my longstanding lust for Alan Rickman does help that, but… now when I read any of the H.P books, I get all swoony.

Oh, and it’s great knowing others share my love of Darcy! Most people I know hate P&P, and Austen in general, so it’s great knowing there are others out there.

[sub]He’s still MINE though. :bares teeth: [/sub]

Here’s a hint at my pedestrian reading habits of late: My latest swoon is Ranger from Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series. (The latest book in the series is Hard Eight.)

I completely agree with the votes for Gus McCrae and Darcy, but I haven’t read those books in a long time, so the flame has cooled.

Also, I vow to start reading the Outlander series for the swoonie Jamie Fraser once I have finished my current book (Everything is Illuminated, by J. S. Foer).

Lastly, I too adore Alan Rickman, mostly for his voice.

Bye-bye for now; I’m back to my daily lurking on this site!

Henry Tilney, Northanger Abbey. Grrrrrr. :wink:

Idgie from Fanny Flagg’s Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I read the book in high school and years later she still remains my foremost literary crush. How can you not love a train-jumping bee charmer?

Oh good, so I’m not the only one with a Harry Potter crush. I feel slightly less weird now.

Skink, from Carl Hiassen’s novels. What’s not to love about a man who ties himself to a bridge and then leaps off it to fly the winds of a hurricane? I can overlook the glass eye and his penchant for putting roadkill on the menu.

Alright. I’m going to have to rewatch <b>Pride and Prejudice</b> tonight and <I>it’s all your fault!!!</i> Colin Firth. Hu. Min. A.

StG

You can have CorSec. I’ll take Face Loran anyday. YUM!!!

If only the Wraiths would show up more!

Damn VB code.

Um . . .Rodrigo Belmonte from Kay’s *The Lions of Al-Rassan[/1]. Thomas Lane from Jones’s Fire and Hemlock. Florian from Lloyd Alexander’s Westmark trilogy.

Ooh, I’d forgotten about the Westmark books, but Keller was WAY hotter than Florian. Damn shame about him, sigh.

I am beginning to think I read childrens’ books for entirely the wrong reasons.

Remus Lupin and Atticus Finch. Oh, I am such a twisted little girlie…