Character you'd most like to catch up with

Has there been a TV/movie/book character you’d love to find out what happens to them in the future? I’ve been watching All In The Family a lot lately, and it strikes me how Mike Stivic, although 180 degrees opposed to Archie Bunker’s viewpoints, was very similar to Archie in his stubborness and bossiness. I wonder what Mike would have been like as a middle aged man. Would age have mellowed him? Or, as I suspect (and much like one of my relatives) become a arch conservative who denied he ever was a hippie type? Would his relationship with Gloria been like Archie and Edith’s marriage?

I often wonder what happened to the characters from Freaks and Geeks.

at the risk of sounding like a (slightly intoxicated) stay at home mom:

I’d love a catch up with The Lorax…can he and his friends come back?

FBI agent Dale Cooper (and the rest of the population of Twin Peaks).

I want to know what the Seinfeld characters did after they got out of jail.

Didn’t Mike Stivic divorce Gloria twice? I figure he’s a lefty Poli Sci professor getting his freak on with perky young co-eds.

Buffy
Lois and Clark

Didn’t he become a film documentary maker? (and heavy metal fan)

Okay, I realize this is going to make me look like a huge sap (who reads too many young adult books besides) but I want to know what happened to the girls in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Did Bee get her shit together and do anything with her soccer? Did Tibby make movies for a living or did she end up working at a call center? Did Lena and whatshisface ever work out and could she ever see him again without beating the shit out of him? Why on earth does the author keep writing other mediocre books when she could write some more of those?

Holden and Phoebe Caulfield.

Angela from My So-Called Life.

I want information on The Further Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (with the Hong Kong Cavaliers, of course.)

Well, the Buffy “Season 8” comic book strip series just wrapped up with issue No. 40. While there were some very good mini-arcs and stories (ie Harmony Kendall on “The Colbert Report” was a hoot) I can’t recommend it as a whole.

I’d like to know what’s been going on in Cicely, Alaska. (Northern Exposure)

Elaine had Jerry’s kid, George made millions from an iPhone app and then lost them in his divorce and the Madoff Ponzi sceme. Kramer is still Kramer.

Dr. Emmitt Brown

Joel from Northern Exposure - yes, I’m sure he’s a wealthy famous plastic surgeon of the rich and famous, on Park Avenue, but is he happy? How many marriages has he had now? Does he ever think back to his time in Cicily, AK, good or bad memories?..Did Ed ever make a movie, and move to L.A.? What became of him in that cesspool?..Holling and Shelley still together? Did Maurice ever develop the Riviera of the North?..And Maggie? I would think she would become a rabid environmentalist by now, raging against the effects of the global warming she sees from her little plane.

*My So-Called Life *was the first television show that came to my mind, as well.

In literature, I guess I’ll go with my two favorite kids, Alex and Holden, from A Clockwork Orange and Catcher in the Rye, respectively. It might be interesting to see what kind of adults they became (although I’m kind of glad these books were not written).

Ever since I finished reading The Help, I’ve wanted to know what happened next in the lives of Minnie and Aibileen.

John Crichton, Aeryn Sun and D’Argo Sun-Crichton.

I want to know what The Dude has been up to.