Check in here (if you like) if you have (or have pending) your stimulus check

Not sure how accurate this source is.

Stimulus money has been deposited into my account! So I guess “the list” might not be full of baloney after all.

Pending payment has manifested in actual dollars.

Ours showed up as pending this morning. We made well under the threshold in 2018 and 2019, but because I converted some conventional IRA money to Roth back in March our 2020 income will be over the limit. I don’t know how that will work out for us, technically the stimulus payment is an advance of a 2020 credit, but as far as I know there’s no mechanism for the IRS to take it back, at least as of now.

I’ve no plans to do anything different with the cash, I just went to my Vanguard account and skipped my next two monthly distributions. It should be a cash neutral transaction for me.

Here is what the CARES Act says:

Subsection (f) is the section that authorizes the advance payments in 2020 based on your 2018 or 2019 return.

Note the words “but not below zero.” Those are the key words. The credit you are entitled to next year will be reduced by the payment you received this year, but not below zero. So, if you are entitled to a larger credit next year, you will get the difference next year. If you are entitled to a smaller credit, you will not have to pay anything back.

Mine is showing up as “pending” this morning.

My mother’s is not – she files tax returns, but the IRS doesn’t have her direct deposit information on file. She does receive her Social Security payments via direct deposit though, so I’m guessing she will be in the second wave of payments.

Both my daughter and I received them this morning. Hers already has been divvied up into her savings accounts, mine is still sitting there, looking pretty.

Haven’t seen any at work yet. Unfortunately, the stimulus payments are being treated the same as a “normal” federal intercept, so if a person is certified for intercepts and owes arrears on child support cases, the payment will be garnished. To add insult to injury, the payments will apply first to any public assistance arrears, so the custodial parent may not receive anything either. I consider it bullshit, but my opinion doesn’t count. Then again, the vast majority of my clients don’t bother filing taxes anyways…

(Hearing my father’s voice): And this is why you will never have anything nice. Always wasting your money. :slight_smile:

Count the money!

[sub]De Monet…[/sub]

Pending since yesterday in the bank. Computer claims I can move it now to savings. Will wait for it to not be pending to do repairs around the house.

I wonder though how will it go for the ones that have to get the check by mail, there are reports that Trump is delaying that just to have his signature in the checks. If there are delays for that… Ace hardware is still open and has a sale right now on torches and pitchforks.

[sub]Ok, rakes, but close enough.[/sub] :slight_smile:

Got it. Looks like it was for me + wife + our youngest still living at home.

Looks like mine showed up overnight.

Hot tub, here I come.

Capital One posted this morning. Was not there yesterday morning.

Just checking to see if I read the bill right. Correct me if I’m wrong, I believe my daughter won’t get anything. She is 20 years old and currently out of work as a waitress. Since she is living at home and she was claimed as a dependent on my taxes I’m thinking she gets nothing.

I’m still working and getting my full pay so it’s fine that I’m not getting anything. It stinks for my daughter who is getting about $250 a week in unemployment until it runs out.

She would be eligible for the supplemental unemployment benefits, though, wouldn’t she?

Just got mine in this morning! Technically it’s pending, but it shows up in my balance, so it’s good enough for me!

Already paid off the last $250 on my car, and made a significant dent in my cc bill (mostly from repairs for said car, ugh…). With my car alone, that’s about $160 or so I’m now saving every month. Feels good, man!

04/15/2020, it’s “processing”.

I Hope the SBA can do theirs as quickly. My employer needs it far worse than I do.

Not yet.

Received this morning in my Bank of America account, wasn’t there last night. While it’s marked as processing, it was also included in my available balance and I was able to move the entire sum to my savings account.

I will have to see if she needs to do more than she has to get that.

Got it this morning, via my small to mid-sized bank, after filing normally last year. It’ll definitely help out, 'cause even though I’m still gainfully four-fifths employed (for now), shit’s all weird, yo.

$1500 direct deposit today, despite the fact that I continue to work and draw my federal salary, and that neither I nor my wife (filing jointly) ought to qualify under any of the rules I had heard of.

Stupid shit.