Cheese/pasta bake - help me brainstorm a few specifics?

I recommended a saute method instead of baking, so I was thinking of that.

You’re right, you couldn’t taste as you go if you were going to layer things and bake it.

I don’t think you will get the overall texture I think you’re really after if you use the layer/baking method. You’ll end up with cheese lasagne. And I think you want mixy cheesy.

Some people make it just with a white bechamel-type sauce, but why would you not put cheese in it, if you can?

Maybe a sprinkling on the top… I wouldn’t want a lasagne with much more than that.

Fair enough - to each their own!

What you really need to do is use cans of Spaghetti-Os instead of pasta sauce!!!

https://livingthegourmet.com/2015/07/spaghettios-mac-cheese-lasagna.html

What did I just read? I feel like I entered a parallel world.

At the beginning of the pandemic shutdown, I looked at the contents of all my cupboards and discovered I had oven ready lasagna sheets. But it was already getting warm, so I didn’t make lasagna then. Something to do during my 2 week staycation, which will be next week.

I really like spinach and cheese lasagna, but my husband’s not a big fan, so I’ll be making meaty lasagna. With ricotta.

I’ve almost given up on mozzarella. I much prefer asiago which has better taste and texture. If I want something in the mozzarella range, I buy burrata and eat it with salad or bread.

Boo, I got out my Joy of Cooking, do you mean Quantity Noodle and Cheese Loaf (Google book link)?