Cheesy movies

Has anyone seen the movie “Oh, dad poor dad, mommy’s hung you in the closet and I’m feeling so sad”. It came ot in the middle 60’s. I believe it features Jonathan Winters, Bobby Morse and someone else. I tell my kids about it, it was so bad I can’t forget it.

I always had a soft spot in my head for “Motel Hell.”

“Sority Babes and the Slime-Ball Bowl-O-Rama”, “Cannibal Women and the Avacado Jungle of Death” with Bill Mahr, and “Psycho Cop II” is still on Showtime, I think.

Cheesy movies…other than Rocky Horror? How about “Killer Condom”. That movie was the ultimate cheesefest. I loved it.

SC

Student Bodies (a parody of 70’s/80’s slasher flicks)
Better Off Dead
Forbidden Zone (by richard elfman)

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

Aspen Extreme is my all time favorite cheesy movie!
anyone else?

Endless Love

It was friggin’ endless! I don’t know if it really fits in the cheesy category but it was one big yuck fest.

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

“Don’t Mess With My Sister”. I can’t believe this movie ever played in a theater - it’s the ultimate of cheese. Also, the title is misleading because the sister is the one who messes with everyone else. Horrible.

I think my alltime favorite cheesy movie would be “Girl In The Gold Boots”. I’ve only seen it on Mystary Science Theatre 3000. (The BEST show in the world, anyone else a fan???) It’s almost as bad as “Plan 9 from Outer Space”. See, that one just stands in it’s own catagory in cheesiness.

Sonic, I think that pretty much everyone here is a fan of MST3K. I personally LOVE it, and just can’t get enough.

Saw a totally cheeseball-with-nuts movie on A&E, of all places, not too long ago, starring the finest of the aged cheese actors, Vincent Price. “Dr. (something, I can’t remember his name) and the Girl Bombs.” It was GREAT, if you like that kind of cheese. And I do.

Sleepaway Camp

DefCon 4; godawful. The only one to top it was Armageddon, equally godawful.

Cristi: you’re not thinking of Dr. Phibes, are you? Dear old Vincent Price! Creepy old bastard.

Nearly anything on MST3K fits the standard, as does anything you saw first as the second (or third) feature at the drive-in.

(Probably just showed my age there by revealing I was alive when drive-ins were plentiful.)

And, of course, my all time faves: ANY movie where the hero is a monster and stomps/eats Tokyo. Godzilla, Mothra, Gamera, etc.

your humble TubaDiva

Cristi, that’s Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs. You’re right, though, it is truly awful.

One that comes to my mind is (IIRC) Sword of the Valiant, about Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. It stars Sean Connery as the Green Knight.

Carpe hoc!

The Abominable Dr. Phibes with Vincent Price. It was a lousy horror movie to start with, but what made it unforgettable in my book was that, in the very first scene, Dr. Phibes plays a song called “The Triumphal March from Athalea (sp?)” The kicker was that I saw the movie about two weeks after high school graduation, where our commencement song was not “Pomp and Circumstance”, but - you guessed it!

“The Creeping Terror” (the killer carpet from outer space).

“Teenagers from Outer Space” (the menacing lobster-monster seen only in shadow).

“The Curse of Bigfoot”

“Without Warning” (an earlier “pre-working” of the movie “Predator”)

I LOVE the play Oh Dad, Poor Dad, Momma’s Hung you in the Closet and I’m Feelin’ So Sad. It’ Just such a BIZARRE thing. I did a monologue from it in competition once… 7 minutes of nuttiness!

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://fathom.org/opalcat
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

Killer Clowns From Outer Space. A tale about- killer clowns, from… outer space, who harvest humans, cocoon them in cotton-candyesque cocoons, hang them up in their BigTop-esque spaceship that is decorated like a circus. HBO had it in the late 80s.

Christine Jorgensen (the first modern transsexual) was in that “Oh Dad…” movie.
During our early teen years my brother, sister, and I saw some really cheesy movies; *Caged * (about a weomen’s prison, * The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake , * and * Mill of the Stone Women. *

Yes! Dr. Goldfoot! Thanks!

I’ve never seen Dr. Phibes, but if it’s got my man Vincent in it, it’s worth watching :slight_smile: