Chewie is DEAD!

Why Chewbacca? Why did they have to kill off Chewbacca? Why?

We’re all here, because we’re not all there!

What the fuck are you talking about?

If anything fits the definition of “Mundane and Pointless”…

Um, metro? We’re talking about a fictional character here? Okay? And if it ain’t in a movie it ain’t canon? Okay? You can still see the guy in the fur suit anytime you want by just using your VCR…

andros, in the latest StarWars franchise novel, Chewbacca is killed off.

Apparently, Lucas felt the stories were not being taken seriously enough - as no one was ever really hurt or died - so he gave the author an order to kill off Chewbacca.

Don’t know how it’s done. I understand a lot of the StarWars fans are protesting.

“Damn, it’d be like two days at Disneyland without the kids!” - Comment by a male friend the first time he saw a picture of me and my breasts.

What the fuck are you talking about?

You really couldn’t figure out what i was talking about?

Well, you see, there’s this fella named Chewbacca, and he was killed off.

To the good Dr. F, thank you for the comfort.

Hey, don’t tell anyone, but I hear Old Yeller, Romeo and Juliet, and Bambi’s mother all die. Get out your black commemorative armbands.

All generalizations suck.

Hmmm. Gee, can’t understand why I couldn’t figure that one out since you gave no other information. Chewie didn’t die in any of the movies I saw. It happens in a book, great. I haven’t read them. From your post it could have been an actor dying, the release of the Episode 2 script, someone dressed up as Chewie for halloween getting run over, fuck if I know.

Just don’t try to patronize me when you don’t explain yourself.

-andros-

And thanks, Phouka.

No problem, andros. My brother’s pretty broken up about it. He still has his fluffy, hairy Chewbacca doll from the Episode 4.

I just don’t understand why it had to be Chewbacca. Why not C3PO or Lando? Why did it have to be Chewbacca?

Not that I’m broken up or anything.

“Damn, it’d be like two days at Disneyland without the kids!” - Comment by a male friend the first time he saw a picture of me and my breasts.

From your post it could have been an actor dying, the release of the Episode 2 script, someone dressed up as Chewie for halloween getting run over, fuck if I know.

Wow, I see your point, andros. sorry about the confusion. I hope no one else thought that someone dressed up like chewbacca was killed off.

I hope I didn’t offend.

What I wanna know is did he get gutted and taken to the taxidermist? Or can I just buy a nice Chewbacca skin rug now?

“What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?” – W.C. Fields

I heard that he died when Han Solo tried to shave him, leaving nothing behind but tennis shoes and a big pile of hair…

Back off, man. I’m a scientist.

Words cannot express how interesting I find this thread. It’s getting moved to the MPSIM forum, which is where it should have been born anyway.

Lynn
for the Straight Dope