Chicago Dope Fest - Business Thread

I think the 14th looks good. I’m going to Z-Trip at the House of Bluse but it’s a later show and anything like lunch or early evening works fine. Looking forward to the Fest.

How about lunch at 12:30? We can sit outside.

Do we all wear red or blue to recognize one another :slight_smile:

I will be wearing a blue Chicago Fire shirt. 1230 works for me.

Would it be completely out of line for me to bring my 15 YO daughter?
I figure since we’re doing lunch it shouldn’t get too blue.

No problem with me. I may bring my wife though my son is usually sleeping then. So we have at least four people on for lunch on the 14th.

I have no problem at all with teenagers being present.

Anyone know how good the food is?

It’s pretty good. Pub food but a cut above the usual faire. I love their sheppard’s pie but likely a bit hot for it!

Since **dalej42 **started this entire thing, I’d say this post counts as a DECLARATION of the date, time, and place of the Dope Fest. Half past noon on Saturday, the 14th, at the Galway Arms on Clark Street. Be there or be square.

If you need public transportation, the 22 or 36 bus will take you right there. The Red Line or Brown Line el train to Fullerton will get you close (walk half a mile east to Clark Street, and a couple blocks north to the Galway).

Woo hoo! Sounds like fun!!!

So, show of hands, how many do we have for Saturday?

I’ll be there. I’ll be the guy who looks like Evil Spock wearing Gargoyle sunglasses.

I’m planning to be there, daughter is probably a 50% chance.
I’ll know for sure in a few days.

I’ll be there!

So at least four of us!

Confirming my attendance.

I have about a 50% chance of attending. Set up some sort of sign at the table??

I’ll get there a little before 12:30 and stake us a table outside. It’s under cover so we won’t get toasted by the sun.

I’ll see if I can find some sort of flag or other signaling device.

If nothing better presents itself, grab a Chicago Reader and fold the cover into a paper hat!

Oh wow, I never knew . . .

Do they take reservations?
We could be the Cecil Adams party.

They do but don’t think we will need them that early in the day. I’ll think of something conspicuous. So having never been at a Dopefest do we use our usernames?