Chicken Of The Sea & Starkist canned crab meat is just awful, awful stuff!

Bought a few cans of this from Walmart the other day.

“It’s Crabmeat, how bad can it be?” I said to myself and purchased a few cans of Chicken of the Sea and Bumblebee crabmeat. The type I got was the shredded, non-lump type.

Well… let me tell you it’s horrific. it’s like crabjuice flavored sawdust. Both brands are identical. It’s tasteless glop. I feel like a complete fool for buying it, I should have known better. I can’ t think of any dish that would made better by the addition of these tasteless wood shavings.

Note - I said Starkist in the title and I meantBumblebee. Starkist does not do canned crabmeat.

Well, you get what you pay for. I read an article in Cook’s that said in order to be shelf stable the cans of crab are processed in high heat rendering the contents dry and stringy. I think it’s meant to be used as an ingredient in soups, casseroles, and spreads. I personally like a nice crab spread (can of crab, cream cheese, very finely chopped onion or scallion, mayo, salt and pepper, and a dash of Old Bay) with crackers.

The song is “Yum yum Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna, I love Bumblebee, Bumblebee Tuna” for more reasons than the rhyme scheme, it seems.