"Children" cartoons that you watch.

Some people have this thought that, if it’s animated, you shouldn’t watch it if you’re older. I don’t know why. I figure, if it’s funny, I’m watching.

The one’s I watch are, other than The Simpson and Family Guy, which cannot be called childish, The Fairly Oddparents, The Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim and last but not least, Spongebob Squarepants.

Out of all of those, I’m going to have to say my favorite is The Fairly Oddparents. It’s a cute show, but it’s also very funny, and weird.

Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Laboratory.

One of my most favorite lines ever was said by Mojo Jojo in the PPG movie when he said: (paraphrased) Humans have held us under their thumbs for too long and it is time for us to oppose them!

I couldn’t stop giggling for at least three minutes.

Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob, Mona the Vampire, Teen Titans, Justice League, Jackie Chan Adventures, Jimmy Neutron, Rugrats, All Grown Up, Kids from Room 402… More that aren’t coming to mind right now. >_<

(Fairly Oddparents, Teen Titans, Rugrats, All Grown Up, & Kids from Room 402 all feature my favourite voice actress, Tara Strong (Tara Charendoff before she married), which is very much a plus.)

Strangely I can usually kind of tolerate Transformers: Energon now. I’m not sure why.

I knew I forgot some! (Actually I can never catch either of these any more, so they’re on the ‘Like but don’t watch any more because I can’t’ list.)

Tara Strong’s also in PPG.

(Please Ms Strong, don’t take out a restraining order…I’m not the scary kind of obsessed!)

Bugs Bunny, if I can ever find it on anymore.

I used to watch Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain fairly regularly (and secretly!) into my late 20s early 30s. I also loved Freakazoid (which was a kid’s show but with lots of adult appeal snuck in). Also:
[ul]
[li]Rugrats (seasons 1-3 anyway)[/li][li]Ahh! Real Monsters[/li][li]Dexter’s Lab (before C. Cavanaugh quit)[/li][li]Cow & Chicken[/li][li]I.M. Weasel (like C&C cancelled way before their time!)[/li][li]Powerpuff Girls (duh!)[/li][li]sometimes Johnny Bravo though it was a bit too childish[/li][li]Angry Beavers (why did Nick stop rerunning it?!)[/li][li]occasionally SpongeBob (for the opening salty-dog shanty if nothing else!)[/li][li]Bump in the Night (that night of the living bread guy still creeps me out!)[/li][li]Eek! the Cat[/li][/ul]
Then, in 2001, god said let there be an Adult Swim!!!

I’m a huge fan of the ToonDisney Channel. My favorites are:
[ul]
[li]Filmore[/li][li]Kim Possible[/li][li]Weekenders[/li][li]Recess[/li][/ul]

That reminds me, there are Rocky and Bullwinkle videos that I haven’t gotten to yet. Like most of the shows mentioned, R&B has a whole 'nother level there for the adults.

Sailor Moon.

As long as “watching the show” doesn’t necessarily entail having the sound on.

:smiley:

I like all those. I have a friend who is a real-life version of Lor in Weekenders except that she (my friend) is gay. Of course, maybe it just hasn’t kicked in with Lor L

I really liked the original ABC Disney One Saturday Morning line-up with the black girl & the elephant, and the shorts TUBE DWELLERS, HOW THINGS WERK, GREAT MINDS, MANNY THE UNCANNY (esp. when it started with Mr. Lighter than Air), and I’m sure there was more.

And also DOUG and PEPPER ANN.

[SIZE=7] **SAMURAI JACK, you unappreciative, uncultured swillhounds. GAH. **[/SIZE] :smack:

I love almost all the previous cartoons listed… I’m an adult, honest! I haven’t had cable for the past few years, but Gargoyles, Pirates of Dark Water, and Princess Guinivere and the Jewel Riders used to be some of my guilty pleasures. I am still angry they never finished PoDW. sigh

Recess is a pretty good cartoon and I watch it whenever it comes on. I also enjoy the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. My wife isn’t so into it though and questions me all the time “Why does Death sound like he’s from Jamacia?”

Marc

I’m a big WB fan and have many, many of their cartoons on VHS and SVCD. My wife got me the “Rocky & Bullwinkle” box set for my last birthday, as well as all of the Simpsons box sets to come out so far, for other Christmases and birthdays. I really liked “Animaniacs”, and my wife and I would watch “Powerpuff Girls” when it was relatively new. And of course, the best cartoon series to ever get yanked off television, “Ren & Stimpy.” I have all the episodes. I even have the Spumco episode of Yogi Bear! I think it’s only been shown once.

Now, a couple of years ago, I had pneumonia. While I was on the sofa, nearly delerious, at 5 AM, watching the Cartoon Network, a show came on about some East Indians living in America. There were two brothers, and one of them was a skateboard dude, which was a radical departure from his family’s Indian culture. What I remember of it was freakin’ hilarious. I have no idea what it was called, and I’ve never seen it again. I know I didn’t hallucinate it! Does it ring a bell for anybody?

I watch ReBoot whenever I can, plus Justice League and similar DC toons (the Marvel toons seem far less sophisticated).

I’m somewhat dismayed by the chainsaw editing of classic Bugs Bunny et al.

I have a ten-year-old daughter, so that gives me an excuse. :slight_smile:
She watches much of the stuff on Cartoon Network. So I am often “in the room” when it’s on. So I’ve seen Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents. Both of these shows make me smile, although I have a hard time with Timmy Turner’s high- pitched voice. It just grates on my nerves.
I also love Arthur on PBS.
My daughter and I have always watched The Simpsons we even play Simpsons trivia on long car trips.

Get thee hence to Amazon.com and buy the 5 DVD set of the Golden Collection of Warner Brothers Cartoons, I can’t stop watching them! Uncut!
sincerely,

Wile E. Coyote *super-*genius.

SpongeBob SquarePants and Dave the Barbarian.

Bejabbers!

I love Jimmy Neutron!! I also watch Rugrats in all their incarnations, as well as Fairly Odd Parents.

I always thought Grim sounded German, which is the nationality I would expect the Grim Reaper to be. (Or at least from somewhere in Northern Europe. I think THE SEVENTH SEAL did some of that to me.)