Chocolate Cake

If someone offers you “Chocolate Cake” and hands you yellow cake with chocolate icing were they lying?

I polled my girlfriend, and we agree–liar!

Yes, but I forgive them.

That’s the tough part… you can’t say anything.

They innocently thought “Hey, I have a friend who likes chocolate and cake. This ticks both those boxes, and I can call it chocolate cake, right?”

(WRONG!)

So, okay, I could do a modicum of forgiveness… but only after I eat the frosting off three slices and leave the naked yellow ‘cake’ pieces stacked naked on a plate.

Same. I mean, even if the cake is a lie, it’s still cake.

ETA: and here my girlfriend and I diverge. Evidently, the only thing saving them is the chocolate frosting. There will be no forgiveness. (Good to know!)

Okay, what if it’s a white cake with mini-chocolate chips?

How about a marble cake?

Yes, liar! Chocolate cake means the cake itself is chocolate. But yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my favorite so I’d say thanks and gobble it down.

Yes, but gift horse applies.

mmm

Are there people cruel enough to conceive of such a hoax?

What? Me not quibble over a cake offering! IMO it’s the epitome of rudeness to correct an an innocent desert assumption

That mumbling you’re hearing from this corner is me saying, “You are mistaken,” through a huge mouthful of cake.

They are damn liars!

But I like yellow cake better.

The important thing is that I’m handed cake.

Yes, the dirty liars. The cake is the cake part.

I prefer yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

But, it’s not the same as chocolate cake.

Either lying or misinformed.

I would assume I had entered a state of quantum flux which sent me to a different quantum reality, perhaps triggered by a subspace pulse of some type.

The most brilliant answer ever given on the SDMB.

They only said it that way to keep me from sticking a fork in their hand.

No, but I’m honored just to be nominated. :blush: