"Christian" website does crowdfund for underage Kenosha shooter after GFM refuses to do it

From here.

The flag itself emerged around 2014 as the Blue Lives Matter movement grew in prominence. The movement was apparently intended as a response to Black Lives Matter and grew out of a series of instances across the nation in which police officers were killed in the line of duty.

The article details the whole history of "the thin blue line’.

Now, now, that’s not fair. There’s plenty of room to find reason to hate yourself in the Bible, too.

I am addressing what you said.

You specifically argued that the people who are sinning by trying to help a murderer get away with murder are still Christians. You are offended that we put “Christian” in quotes to describe these people who don’t follow what God said. So you are arguing they are, in fact, Christians.

You then said you proudly support criminals.This was clearly in defense of the people contributing to this crowdfunding campaign. Do you dispute this? If not, then you are saying it’s okay for them to support criminals financially. That this is something good Christians do. That’s the context.

You then quoted two scriptures. They did not support your case that we are supposed to support criminals. They describe Jesus eating with criminals, which isn’t supporting them. They describe him forgiving a criminal who repents. But at no point does Jesus support them as criminals, let alone say that we should do so.

Your defense doesn’t work. Your theology is in error.

If you meant something else, it is up to you to clarify. Because, as is, you are making Christians out to be people who support criminals. You are helping the people who hate Christians prove we are immoral.

They’re already arguing that bigotry is condoned in the Bible now, since the murderers you are okay with Christians supporting were also racists. Despite the verse that says bigotry is wrong:

Why not? If a Christian can be a criminal (or a criminal can be a Christian), then surely a Christian can support criminals in any number of ways, to include ways that would seem contrary to your own take on the Bible–perhaps even to theirs. You’re not arguing that a Christian is immediately cast out, excommunicated as the Catholics might say, simply because they’ve “sinned” are you?

I mean, there’s a passage in John about casting stones and all, but then again 1) it’s scripture, so who cares? and 2) there’s good evidence that it’s not even properly scripture, but a late addition to John.

You are helping the people who hate Christians prove we are immoral.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t hate you. I just think you’re silly.

They’re already arguing that bigotry is condoned in the Bible now, since the murderers you are okay with Christians supporting were also racists. Despite the verse that says bigotry is wrong:

You still haven’t learned, have you? Quoting scripture as if there is some unified/definitive/unassailable take on scripture that will prove your point to a fellow believer–yes, a fellow Christian–who simply doesn’t care about the truth.

And no doubt the money will be in some right-wing grifter’s pocket. Stealing from their own is what they do best.

I just checked, and it’s back up. Anyway, like I said, I think it would be just too ironic if the people who collect the money don’t donate it, and they get in really big trouble as a result.

I just checked on Down for Everyone, and they say it’s down.

bouncybouncybouncy!

“My nipples explode with delight!”

[hijack, continued, about “Thin Blue Line” flag:]

Wikipedia has a page on it too, including pictures of the “Thin Blue Line Flag” for several other countries. They all consist of the nation’s flag rendered in black-and-white with a horizontal blue stripe crossing the middle of it.

The “thin blue line” idea goes way back before 2014. It’s not entirely clear (to me, anyway) if the flag goes back before 2014 or if it really originated around the time of the “Blue Lives Matter” movement of 2014.

The flag is extensively used to commemorate cops killed on duty, regardless of any “political” entanglements. That happened in my small-town farm community on Dec. 26, 2018 at 01:30 a.m. – yes, just after Christmas – when an officer pulled a driver over and the driver pulled a gun a shot him dead. This happened at the corner just three doors down from where I lived, and I heard the shots.

The entire town was festooned with Thin Blue Line flags, especially in the “downtown” commercial district, and many are still flying today. There is a flagpole now installed at the corner with the flag, along with a normal American flag. (running_coach certainly knows the place, or at least the city, as he lives not far from here.) There were also blue ribbons and blue light bulbs everywhere, also many still there today.

The shooter was thought to be an illegal immigrant, who possibly panicked at the possibility of being caught and deported. (He was captured near Bakersfield after a five-day manhunt.) The incident made nation-wide headlines and even Trump commented on it, in nasty terms of course. It became politicized of course.

[/hijack]

Yeah, but that shouldn’t be the entire platform. It’s not like they’re the RNC.

Low-hanging fruit.

Isn’t there a law about transferring weapons to people that live out of state?

Not to mention a minor?

Speaking strictly as an employee of an attorney who started out as a Public Defender before going into private practice: contributing to someone’s legal fund isn’t necessarily “help[ing] them get away with their sin.” The defense counsel’s job is to see that the rights of the accused under the law are not violated and that he have due process - e.g. being able to confront the witnesses and evidence against him, no self-incrimination, etc. Yes, I know he would be assigned a PD if he couldn’t afford private counsel. But PDs are notoriously limited in the resources they can bear on a given case, and private counsel is just going to be able to help him defend himself.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to see the little bastard strung up by his short-and-curlys. But let’s keep the lawyer-bashing to a minimum, okay? :slightly_smiling_face:

It doesn’t just help this one guy sin, it encourages others to follow in his footsteps.

“And he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand
one belonging to him, and the other to the lord.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
He noticed the many bullet casings along the path.”

Yes. I wrote only what I wrote: your much longer response is pulled out of your ass.

“It’s OK if I do it!”

Very true. I lived my younger life hating myself for all the sins I committed and seemingly unable to stop.

You should become an evangelical. They don’t seem to be bothered at all.

Unless your sin is of the homosexual kind. That is one they cannot seem to glaze over.

You make the very valid point that the sort of justice a criminal like this will get depends in nontrivial part on how much money is available for his defense.

Now I agree with your implied point that it shouldn’t be that way. Money shouldn’t determine what sort of justice an accused person receives. But as long as it IS that way, the abundant funding of Rittenhouse’ defense says to the next white guy to shoot a bunch of protesters that he, too, will likely have a well-funded defense, and might see the outside of a prison again someday. Might even be able to cop a guilty-but-insane plea, and spend 20 years in a psych unit rather than doing hard time.