"Christian" website does crowdfund for underage Kenosha shooter after GFM refuses to do it

Why don’t you just let BigT take on Melbourne on his own terms?

You aren’t threadshitting per se (if I thought you were, I’d be reporting you, rather than saying anything to you) but you’re shitting all over their back-and-forth within this thread. Is it that important to you to tell BigT that his efforts are pointless? You could just stay out of it and let him find out, one way or the other, over the course of a few more posts, rather than putting on a performance as Mr. Superior Atheist here.

As opposed to Mr. Superior Christian (which seems to be BigT’s shtick)? And in case you haven’t noticed, this is the Pit, dumbass. But, hey, go ahead and report me!

If there’s a Nurse Ratched involved, I’d be okay with that.

Doesn’t matter, that is why we have Public Defenders.[quote=“Mickyfinn, post:29, topic:919401”]
The correct thing to do then is condemn him in the strongest terms possible, make sure his disgusting, stupid ass rots in prison, then you can go read him the Bible.
[/quote]

Yup. Love the sinner, hate the sin does not mean help them slide out of punishment, or give them an overlarge punishment. It means let them be punished according to the law while you try to help them understand the error of their ways.[quote=“ASL_v2.0, post:55, topic:919401”]
Uh, that presumes the sort of people who say the sort of stuff Melbourne has said—and quoted scripture to justify, to boot—care about the truth, doesn’t it?
[/quote]

Yup. I can quote the bible, the koran, the satanic bible, whatever I need to to blend in at need … doesn’t mean I believe in the words. I have a feeling that seeing the actions of many people that they call and consider themselves true believers, but they have strayed from the original writers intent. I was exposed to a number of religions as a kid [my mom’s minor was in comparative theology from a noted Baptist college] and I noted that in a study group at a fundamentalist independent church that the church leader cherry picked the bible for the study booklets, and they actively dissuaded the congregation from actually owning and reading the bible. I am quite sure that many of the independent churches themselves cherry pick the bible, and I am damned certain that over in the middle east the various groups cherry pick the koran, Here is some good commentary on noncombatants being not considered targets. Just using 9/11 as an example, I have no issue with the Pentagon being a target, it being a military installation however the World Trade Center was full of civilian noncombatants, my first job with an insurance company after training was to be hauled in a bus to NY and placed in a borrowed/rented/hijacked office next to the site to process claims. My first claim was for a single office of 49 people who were involved in international copyright law concerning entertainment. I fail to see how anybody would consider 49 men and women worried about movie, music and book royalties combatants.

This discussion is missing the most glaring part of this whole affair. The issue isn’t whether helping for the legal defense of the accused is Christian. I think that the bible versus quoted can successfully argue that it is. If a Christian charity were to raise money for the innocence project, I think that that would fall under standard christian teachings.

The problem is that they are specifically choosing to single out Kyle Rittenhouse. There are thousands of people in jail who are far more desperate than Rittenhouse and whose cases are far more compelling . What sets his case higher than all of these others. What makes him worthy of a $1 million defense, while not a penny goes to others. That is the question that Si-Amigo needs to answer.

To me it appears that the answer is clear. Unlike others, Rittenhouse killed liberals. They approve of his actions, and so feel that he shouldn’t have to pay any penalty for them. That is going to be much harder to find biblical justification for.

It’s even worse than that. He went there to protect property. PROPERTY. Which is worth more than a human life. So if you threaten to destroy property, or are even just a party to it then your life is expendable.

I think you misunderstand my stance. I don’t think he deserves a defense fund . The people sending money for his defense are supporting armed vigilanteism, not him per se. Fuck him I say, answer to your crime and talk to god in jail.

Then I invite you to do so. Dispute me. Explain where I misinterpreted you. I have engaged in good faith, explaining how I interpreted you. That should make it easy to show where I got it wrong.

I’m pretty sure that every other poster who has disagreed with you has interpreted you the same way I did. By explaining how I think they interpreted you, it only helps you point out where they got it wrong, too.

If I got you wrong, your ire does not make any sense to me. I have not been mean or hateful or anything. And I genuinely cannot see a flaw in anything I posted.

I am engaging with him in a rational manner, pointing out where his logic has mistakes. I have not at any point claimed I’m superior: I’ve simply pointed out his theological error. He, has, unfortunately, decided mostly to engage in ad hominem.

It happens, but it has nothing to do with him being Christian. Lots of people engage in that way. My interpretation is that he has no counterargument, but feels defensive, and thus is lashing out at me.

But to me, that suggests I’m getting through to some degree. I don’t know how many times I’ve argued something, got people lashing out, but then later seen them argue the same thing I said. Sometimes people respond that way. And I do note that he’s not responded to the aspersions you’ve cast on him.

That said, I do hate that it seems like he’s playing into your stereotypes of the way Christians behave. I just hope I am not.

Oh, and finally, I do submit the following for your consideration: that the poster you responded to has been posting here a lot longer than you, and thus may know more about the Pit than you do. Like “just because you can doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.”

This.

Though I’d have said “… Rittenhouse killed liberals because they were liberals. …”

This too. Especially so.

It fascinates me that people who will happily vandalize society or learning or logic will go apeshit over even the possibility of property destruction. Doubly interesting when it’s their own society and living environment they vandalize while meanwhile wanting to protect somebody else’s property.

I’ve not mentioned lawyers at all. I have spoken only of those who pay money to his defense fund. And I think you are fooling yourself if you think they are doing so just to give him the best defense possible, and not with the goal of getting him declared “not guilty.” They are full on supporters.

I’ll also note that this isn’t a situation where we’re questioning the crime all that much. Even you think he’s guilty. These people think he did it, but have excuses for why he should get off.

What a great turn of phrase!
Thx for that.

You are engaging with logic in a realm where logic need not apply, with someone who clearly has no compunction about casting logic aside in favor of their own entrenched beliefs. Keep trying all you want, though I do continue to question how you are able to discern what is “true” about Christianity from what is false given the nature of the source material.

It happens, but it has nothing to do with him being Christian. Lots of people engage in that way. My interpretation is that he has no counterargument, but feels defensive, and thus is lashing out at me.

Nothing to do with him being Christian? Possibly. Certainly “not all Christians” (with a Twitter hashtag). But what is damming, what is really damming, is the extent to which Christians themselves cannot seem to get their shit together and agree to what exactly it is Jesus said, what he meant, and what he is supposed to want you all to do.

That said, I do hate that it seems like he’s playing into your stereotypes of the way Christians behave. I just hope I am not.

Hey, I’m not the one who thinks he has a number on who or what makes a true Christian. That’s you. For my part, I’m happy to take someone at their word and label or bin them as they will when it comes to religious preference. I have no clearly defined, preset conditions for what makes a Christian other than that they claim to be one (and maybe something in there about Jesus, too, but I’m open to debate on that), let alone “stereotypes.”

Oh, and finally, I do submit the following for your consideration: that the poster you responded to has been posting here a lot longer than you, and thus may know more about the Pit than you do. Like “just because you can doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.”

Nah, fuck all that. They’re a dumbass. Being a dumbass for a long time doesn’t make it better.

How about Christians support murderers with thoughts and prayers and send their money to homeless people.

Okay, folks, you can stop calling in to the 1-900-24HourPrayerLine, we have a winner here…

Sorry this should have been directed to Melbourne. I’m not sure how I got your name in there instead.

It’s the Republican Dream! Here in America even the dull-normal can make major bank bilking murderous, racist “conservatives”.

I guess it worked. The schmuck is now out on a $2,000,000 bond.

Yeah, financed by Rick Schroder (!) and the owner of MyPillow.

Rick Schroeder the actor? Is helping spring a cold blooded racist murderer?

And what’s MyPillow?