"Christian" website does crowdfund for underage Kenosha shooter after GFM refuses to do it

It certainly gives another party (be it a family member or a bail bondsman or the trustees of some fund set up to cover bail) an interest in ensuring that the accused shows up for trial.

That’s not nothing.

That said, for some (many, perhaps even most) persons accused of crimes, there are effective means of ensuring appearance that require neither cash bail nor detention.

Yeah, that was pretty weird, in a Howard Cosell kind of way.

What a drive by Ty Detmer, Brigham Young’s plucky quarterback! Forty-four yards in only three plays certainly shows with clarity why he’s an early favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Incidentally, this young man does NOT like chocolate ice cream.

Huh. Maybe that’s why, as much as everyone keeps saying that “things won’t bring you happiness,” their actions so often say that they really don’t believe it.

It was a pretty straightforward post, so I assume you’re talking about him? I agree it is weird to try and claim that you don’t remember a previous conversation in the same thread, and didn’t even think to scroll up and check. I assume it was an attempt at snark, but even snark is supposed to make sense, rather than imply you have some sort of memory disorder.

For anyone who didn’t scroll up to check the previous conversation: ASL and I had a rather lengthy discussion about whether or not it made sense to argue with Christians. The things I said in that paragraph directly reference his previous post, and explain why I decided, at the time, to not reply back to him.

I can believe he forgot the conversation at first, but I am incredulous that the mention about Christians wouldn’t have reminded him of the previous conversation. I guess I need to treat him less like a poster who cares about arguing, and more like one who plays to the crowd.

Okay, I guess.

Hope I don’t hear back about this in April…

It was almost three months ago, you didn’t quote the post, and you were replying initially to a much more recent post. I figured it out. Eventually. But, yeah…

Was looking for the other thread about Rittenhouse and this one came up in search. Mods, if there’s a better thread for this post, feel free to move it.

Wisconsin issues arrest warrant for Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for violating his bond. Apparently he hasn’t lived at his registered address for some time, and part of his bond is keeping a current address on file.

Also looks like prosecutors want a higher bond, as they feel he’s been flaunting his freedom since he was released on bail. $2 million bail isn’t that big of a deal when you’re able to crowdfund it and have right wing celebrities pay it for you.

Link: Wisconsin prosecutors seek Rittenhouse arrest, higher bond | AP News

This guy sounds like a total troublemaker who NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP.

His mother doesn’t sound any better.

As if there were not enough reasons already to hate this guy.

Bet he’s wishing now he had the money back. Is the bond forfeit since Rittenhouse violated the rules?

The notion that the prosecutor just wants his bail increased is nuts. He clearly needs to be jailed until trial.

This, along with the breaks the Capitol insurrectionists are getting (like the one rioter who got the court’s OK to attend a conference in Mexico), is driving me straight up the wall. (Not saying she should be locked up; just saying she shouldn’t be allowed to leave the country!)

It seems like something worse than mere white privilege is going on here. Can’t imagine white leftists who’d done stuff like this getting these sorts of breaks either. It’s as if, if someone does bad shit but is doing it as part of some right-wing cause, the system doesn’t really want to come down on them.

Lol, MyPillow dude is losing his $2 million, a Kenosha Cop is in deep shit, and two lawyers are about to be disbarred:

https://twitter.com/colinkalmbacher/status/1357127181227282432?s=19

Christians don’t “support” sin, we forgive it. BIG DIFFERENCE.

And there is a big difference between supporting sin and supporting sinners as well.

If they were that worried about safety, he could have stayed in jail.

If sinners acknowledge their sin, repent of it, and are willing to accept the rightful consequences of their actions, I’ll support them in that.

This kid’s 0-for-3 so far, AFAICT.

Bingo! I was taught that “rights & responsibility” are married, and either one alone a bad thing. Somehow, many people have come to believe that the only thing that matters is their “rights”, and that “responsibility” has no say in the matter.

What I want to know is, how the hell is his documented underage drinking not already a crime in and of itself, let alone a violation of his bail? Granted, throwing back a bottle of Bud isn’t murder, but he has been charged with murder after all.

The $2m wasn’t all from the MyPillow dude. Is it confirmed that that bond is now forfeit?

The “Kenosha Cop” is apparently a “Captain” according to the attached article. The Kenosha cops were, of course, the ones that let Rittenhouse walk away from the shooting in the first place; I have no doubt they have a vested interest in helping their boy escape prosecution but whether the rest of the justice system is similarly inclined to turn a blind eye or to pursue this more vigorously remains to be seen.

As for being disbarred, well… I’ll be surprised if the penalty goes beyond mild public embarrassment.

This one depends on the state and on the circumstances. Several, including Wisconsin, allow underage drinking if a parent is present.