Christmas song trivia

Listening to Xmas radio lately some things have jumped out at me, and I think it would be fun to have a little trivia game about Christmas music. Answer these questions and/or add your own.

Name a Christmas song that contains the word “damn.”

Which Christmas song’s tune was originally a New Year’s tune? How about one that was a Spring song?

What Christmas song is actually about the loss of faith?

Which Christmas song is really an attempt at seduction?

Baby, it’s cold outside.

I’ll add one: what Christmas Song mentions Satan?

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Yup!

Another one: What song speaks approvingly of breaking the law?

There’s not a single mention of Christmas or anything Christmas-like in that song. It’s just about winter.

WAG here, but I’ll say “What Child Is This?” which is sung to the tune of “Greensleeves”.

Greg Lake - ‘I Believe In Father Christmas’

True, but you could say the same of “Winter Wonderland” and “Jingle Bells.” They’re sort of Christmas songs by adoption.

Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses

Father Christmas by The Kinks?

Without watching the video or Googling, whose voice is the first heard on Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas?

Was it Simon Le Bon? I know Boy George was second.

That might be true as well, but it’s not the one I was thinking of.

I was thinking of Baby It’s Cold Outside for the seductive song - though it’s true it doesn’t mention Christmas.

As for the one about breaking the law, that’s probably misleading - it would be a minor infraction, more than a crime. So it wasn’t the Kinks I was thinking of.

All other answers are correct.

Re: Band Aid - is it George Michael?

Wrong–and pravnik is also incorrect.

I went ahead and googled it; I wouldn’t have gotten it. I should have remembered Le Bon did the “world outside your window” line anyway.

Everyone knows Bing Crosby is famous for introducing the Christmas classic song, “White Christmas.”

His regular co-star, Bob Hope, also introduced a classic Christmas song in one of his films. What was it?

Silver Bells?

The tune of “Good King Wenceslas” is from a medieval Spring song.

I know Paul Young did the first line of Do They Know It’s Christmas - according to Bob Geldoff’s autobiography (Is That It?) Boy George was supposed to sing it but was very late. Paul was the only one who had an adequately warmed up voice when they were ready to start.

Which original version singer is also in the latest version of that song?

Correct.