Chuch of SubGenius / Discordianism

Link to Mailbag Article: What’s up with the Church of the Subgenius? – CKDext

I like the answer – it’s true as far as it goes – but I also think it can go a lot farther here.

Personally, [just so I can be sure to get completely flamed on the basis of irrelevant things such as my religion] I “seriously” practice Wicca and “unseriously” practice a combination of Discordianism and SubGenii religion.

The spirit of the Discordians and SubGenii is probably best summarized in the introduction to the Book of SubGenius:

THE SOURCE: JEHOVAH-1 (a.k.a. WOTAN, YAHWEH, RA, etc)
THE TEACHER: J.R. “BOB” DOBBS
THE GOAL: SLACK
THE OBSTACLE: THE CONSIPIRACY AND ITS DUPES,
THE NORMALS
THE WAY: THE CASTING OUT OF FALSE PROPHETS

THE WEAPON: TIME CONTROL

SLOGANS:

“Fuck 'Em If They Can’t Take A Joke”
“Too Much Is Always Better Than Not Enough”
“Pull The Wool Over Your Own Eyes”
“You’ll PAY To Know What You REALLY Think”
“Give Me Slack, Or Give Me Food, Or Kill Me”
“If I Can’t Whup It, I’ll Go DOWN”
“Bleeding Head Good, Healed Head Bad”
“If You Act Like A Dumbshit, They’ll Treat You As An Equal”

“SCIENCE DOES NOT REMOVE THE TERROR OF THE GODS”
ATTENTION!!!
DO NOT ALLOW TO FALL INTO ENEMY HANDS

WARNINGS & DISCLAIMERS:
If you think there’s nothing wrong with the world, don’t buy this book;
if you are offended by your own sick rage when viewing literature alien to your repressive behavior code, go ahead and Purchase the book, but DON’T read it.

The Church of the SubGenius may drive you Crazy.
The Roman Catholic Church had driven people crazy, Scientology has driven people crazy. So have Satanism, Islam, The Boy Scouts, the government of the United States, Judaism, traffic jams, LSD, the C.I.A., Taoism, kids,
parents, TV, war, and peace. Some people drive themselves crazy.

This Book will not drive Subgeniuses Crazy. It will supply them with the Slack they need to drive others crazy.

Jess Allan
jallan@mailandnews.com
“If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.”

• Malaclypse the Younger

[Note: This message has been edited by CKDextHavn]

Cool! I finally get a chance to post this link in a thread that fits it: http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/klock.html (Discordian Klock)

Cheers!
-Chip