Classic Breakfast Club

You ask me one more question and I’m beating the shit out of you.

wow teach me not to check back on a thread I posted in.

Anyway just to be clear I’m not talking about a band that says “I realize it’s a lot of people’s favorite songs I’m just tired of hearing about it every day” I was talking about him saying “Whenever I hear that song I want to put my hands over my ears and run away” With a snotty look on his face (he also tossed out a few more comments to the effect he couldn’t believe people liked that song but I can’t remember what they were just the tone was pretty pretentious)

There’s plenty of music I’d call artsy that I like what I don’t like is when a band resents their own success. Or has contempt for people that bought their ‘one hit’ but didn’t buy all the albums that the band released since then.

I want to be just like you … All I need is a lobotomy and some tights :slight_smile:

I know I’ve said this before, but I hate this movie with the fire of a thousand suns. I simply cannot understand why everyone in my generation adores this evil, misogynistic, abuser/victim training video. Bender is not a hero. He is a big baby. If he doesn’t want to be treated like shit, he should stop acting like shit, and stop treating others like shit. I don’t care that he’s abused. So was I, but I didn’t claim that it made me better than other people. It’s up to him to make himself happy. Not Claire, not Vernon, not even his parents.

I’ve always seen it as a movie that took your highschool stereotypes and aired them out as ridiculous…

Bender didn’t get my sympathy, none of them did. But I could identify someone in highschool that was a little bit like all of them.

On a non entertainment level, my college psych class and my college communication class both required viewing of this movie.

Agreed. Yet wasn’t the film entertaining regardless? Few of us are this logical and self-aware as teenagers.

After Claire is bitching about her life

Alison - HA

Claire - Shut Up

And I thought this was going to be a thread about Don McNeill’s Breakfast Club. Oh well, carry on.

Off subject a bit, but…I heard that Ally Sheedy was really fucked up drug-wise and that’s why she went stealth for so long. Yes, I know she played a junkie photographer in a movie not long ago, but this was supposedly the real thing. Does anyone know?

You guys forgot my favorite,

Stupid, worthless, no good, goddamn, freeloadin son of a bitch, retarted, big mouth, know it all asshole jerk!

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful

Shut Bitch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie!

What about you Dad?

Fuck you

What about you Dad?

Fuck you

No Dad, What About You!!

Fuck YOu Ah!!!

Quoth fessie:

Not only does the nerd not get any nookie, but he ends up doing everyone else’s work for them. So the message is that if you’re not a nerd, you never need to do anything, and you’ll still get lucky, but if you’re a nerd, life just sucks.

Movies really suck when you identify with a character that the writer didn’t want you to.

Bender: “I think your dad and my dad should go bowling.”

Allison (about her parents): “They ignore me.”

Allison: “I can run away and I can go to the ocean, to the country, to the mountains. I could go to Israel, Africa, Afghanistan.”

Andrew: “Speak for yourself.”
Bender: “Do you think I’d speak for you? I don’t even know your language.”

Claire: “What’s your name?”
Bender: “What’s yours?”
Claire: “Claire.”
Bender: “Claire?!”
Claire: “Claire. It’s a family name.”
Bender: “Oh, it’s a fat girl’s name.”

Allison: “Your middle name is Ralph, as in puke…”