Cloris Leachman - Dead at 94

Link.

This is going to take the “Last Surviving Cast Member” thread in a new direction, I’m sure. RIP, Cloris. You were one of the Greats.

Do I hear horses whinnying? So long, funny lady!

So much talent. Rest in Peace Dear Ms Leachman.

I’m not falling for this again.

She was still killing it at age 77 in “Bad Santa”.

Hell, she was killing it two years ago in American Gods. RIP.

Jack Black will be devastated. They made out once.

Cloris had a very long and successful career

I’ll always remember her as Phyllis Lindstrom on the MTM show. She appeared on DWTS and did pretty good. She was in her late 70’s.

RIP

Who charms the crabs at Fisherman’s Wharf right out of their shells?
Who lights the lamps of Chinatown just by walking in view? … Who?
Phyllis! Phyllis! Phyllis! It sure isn’t you!

A brilliant actress and a very funny lady. She had a good innings, as they say, and was still doing great work pretty much up to the end.

Funnily enough, the American Gods episode featuring her character’s wake aired just this past Friday.

Just last weekend I watched It’s a Good Life - probably the youngest she was that I’ve seen her. Looking at IMDB she got her start in 1947 with 287 acting credits to her name. Bravo!

She was amazing in Malcolm in the Middle, a role that I think people forget about. She’s Lois’ mother and is super racist and mean.

The scene where Hal’s black friends get back at her by being “super black” is a hilarious moment. Hal’s friends are actually a bunch of massively nerdy accountants, but he needs Lois’ mother to leave, so he pays them to be “cool black guys” just to scare her off. I wish I could find the clip.

Ah, found it. I haven’t seen it in years.

[sneaks in to thread]

Blücher!

Will be missed.

She was, in fact, 82 when she competed (and finished in 7th place out of 13, which was quite good, considering that most of her competition was less than half her age).

Godspeed, Mrs. Lindstrom.

Cloris Leachman was a great talent. I’ve felt bad for several years that popular culture apparently has room for only one Cool Old Lady (and that role was awarded to Betty White). Seriously, there was room for them both. Leachman should have been feted and celebrated more than she was.

Here’s an article that attempts to make up for some of that sad deficit. I’d particularly recommend the embedded clip of Leachman absolutely KILLING at the Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget. It’s clear from the clips that no one there was prepared for how hilarious she was.

I just saw her the other day in Adam 12, which was 1968 - and figured she was just starting out at that point. She’d been working 20 years by that job.

Few people would remember her as Ruth Martin, Timmy’s mother on Lassie. She played Ruth for one season, but was fired because she feuded with her costars and refused to sign a contract. She was replaced by June Lockhart.

She was a constant tv presence in my childhood. Phyllis, of course, but talk shows, games shows . . .she was a household name. I was young enough when I first became aware of her that I thought her name was “Clorox Bleachman”. She was just always . . .there. RIP, dear, funny lady.

I don’t think anyone has mentioned her stunning performance in The Last Picture Show. Just heartbreaking.

It’s a real good thing you mentioned that, jaycat *

• I think her role in the Twilight Zone classic has not been mentioned yet

She was in so many good things. My most recent favorite is Raising Hope. I hope I’ll have my shit together for as long as the great Cloris Leachman.