Closed captions in HBO GO

This is a very specific question that by all rights I should be able to figure out on my own. But in the absence of decent online help, I will use the teeming millions as my user’s manual.

Is there a way to turn on closed captions in the HBO GO app? I’ve clicked every goddam link on the menu and don’t see it anywhere.

I’m using the app that came with my Samsung TV, if that matters.

There are captions in the HBO GO app on my Samsung TV. For me, it was a set it and forget it, so I’ll have to check when I get home. Is there by any chance a CC button on the Samsung remote?

Not that I see. Just power and a selector wheel and “back” button.

Just a WAG, but maybe it works the same way as Netflix: during playback, press and hold the “select” button…?

That wasn’t it. But I got it.

On the HBO GO Settings screen, under “Help”, all it says is “go to help.hbogo.com”. :rolleyes: So I went there, and found instruction for every streaming device. Under Samsung, it said:

Samsung TV
Closed captions for HBO GO are available on many Samsung Smart TVs.
Turn closed captions on or off
While a video is playing, press the down button on your remote.
Choose CC and then choose On or Off.

That didn’t work.

*If the above steps don’t work, check the closed captions setting on your Samsung TV (the closed captions setting on your TV overrides the closed caption setting in HBO GO) by going to Menu > System > Accessibility > Caption or try pressing the CC button on your remote control.
That did.

For some reason, I can’t get any HBO Go content to play on my Samsung app, so I wasn’t able to test it for you. Glad you got it figured out.