Closing threads again

@What_Exit, if you think my thread isn’t a debate, could you please move it to a more appropriate form rather than closing it? It seems like any thread that goes against the majority view gets closed these days. (And meanwhile, accusing an entire demographic group of being pure evil is perfectly fine and acceptable.)

Did you intend this to be a private message to What_Exit? Do you want me to report it as such?

If you noticed that thread got moved to the Pit where it belongs. Though it at least had a debate.

If you like, I’ll reopen your thread and move it to the pit also. Please let me know.

First thing in the morning, there are often many threads to address. Yours was easier to close as no debate. I actually didn’t think you would want it in the Pit. It didn’t seem appropriate for IMHO.

Also, could you please not play the victim card. That is just embarrassing and resembles a form of trolling.

Straight up it might be good to give DemonTree a ban from starting threads complaining about the persecution of transphobes, especially these threads where she doesn’t mention that’s what she’s doing and you have to dig into her links in order to figure out what she’s doing. The act is getting old.

That’s not remotely what the thread was about. And maybe you should read the bloody link before replying next time.

That was 100% what the thread, and the link, were about. It was about a book called When Harry Became Sally being de-listed on Amazon.

@What_Exit, calling someone a transphobe is an insult, is that allowed outside the pit?

That wasn’t the only book they delisted. And it’s the principle that’s important. Free speech has to include speech you personally find objectionable (not that you have the least idea what’s in that book) or it’s not free speech.

I’m very careful here to call the authors you’re promulgating “transphobes.” The board’s rules are whimsical and arbitrary, IMO, but I don’t believe I’ve ever called you a transphobe.

Incidentally, here’s from the book’s own description:

I feel pretty comfortable calling that “transphobic.”

And you linked to a blog with only a few entries, including:

So, yeah, a transphobic blog, blogging about a transphobic book. But you left all that out of your OP. Let’s all take a moment to meditate on that choice.

Ya mean like kneeling in protest?

It is the only one mentioned in your cite, and your OP mentioned no others. Come on, don’t treat us like we’re stupid. The jig is up.

Yes, exactly like that. Do you think it’s okay for private companies to ban that, too?

If you think telling the truth is transphobic, sure. :woman_shrugging:

We used to say reality had a liberal bias. These days, reality is a hate crime.

And there we go. Mods, again, this is something that’s far past becoming an issue with DemonTree.

The UK high court agrees about the too-easy availability of medical transition for children. Should I be able to mention that court decision on this forum or would you like that brushed under the rug too?

One thing that is telling is that, without the specifics, your thread is just the same thread you’ve made several times before. So obviously the specifics matter to you.

And two of the doctors who originally came up with the ‘Dutch protocol’ are advising caution. They agree with some of what Shrier is saying.

Not that that ought to matter, because it’s nothing to do with Amazon banning books.

The fact that it keeps happening and it’s getting worse matters to me. When you start banning books, you are on the wrong side of history, 100%.

I have zero interest in relitigating this issue in ATMB.

@DemonTree , if you want your thread re-opened and sent to the Pit, send @What_Exit a PM and let him know that this is what you want.

As for the rest of this, ATMB is not the forum to rehash issues from threads in other forums. This is closed.