Clueless Adam West Interview about Batman

Did anyone read Detective # 27? I’m not sure how far I can go without using a spoiler box.

Spoiler them all, and let God sort out the rest.

-FrL-

On a different note, how did everyone agree on this notion that comic books were the canon and that movies have to remain loyal to them?

Comic books don’t carry any more authority than movies.

If the next movie Batman wore a green suit, and his father came back as an uber-Batman, then Batman is green, and his father is an uber-Batman. It’s not wrong because it never happened in a comic book. It’s just more Batman.

I like the idea of another sneaky guy in a suit roaming around town fighting crime. . .just outside the shadows of Batman. Once Batman finally tracks him down, it turns out it’s Batman’s father. . .maybe he’s had amnesia since the stabbing. And, it’s Adam West.

Shooting.

What the…? I’m all for paying tribute to the Golden Age, but that’s just contrived.

[QUOTE=Frylock]
Spoiler them all, and let God sort out the rest.
Gads, it’s been so long since I read it, so I’ll probably get this all wrong…

Anyway, it’s an alternate-universe storytelling, so definitely not canon.

[spoiler]Bruce Wayne doesn’t become a costume-wearing Batman, but rather becomes inducted into the highly secretive Detectives Society (he’s member #27, ha ha), battling various villains including holdovers from the Knights of the Golden Circle from the Civil War days.

It so happens that Wayne Sr. arranged for his wife’s murder and his own faked death in front of witnesses, including his own son, in order to proceed unhindered with his mad scientist experiments. His reappearance features prominently in the denouement.

(Also stars one badass Teddy Roosevelt and a benevolent version of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, and features a scene with a disturbingly oblivious Superman.)[/spoiler]

Piano drop.

Very dangerous.

I totally understood that. I loved that movie, too.

It will be a long time before an actor becomes more closely associated with Batman than Adam West. I don’t even know the new guys name. All of the other Batmans that I know of were known for other parts. I would love to see Adam West in one of the newer versions some place. he doesn’t have to be Batman’s dad. He could be some kooky lunatic that thinks he’s Batman and gets himself into trouble trying to solve crimes. There are a lot of Adam West fans like me that would just love to see him in these films. He will always be the Batman that I grew up with.

I came in to mention the Gray Ghost too… awesome example of how Batman; TAS is my batman of choice.

Anyways, could West be thinking of Batman Beyond (aka Batman of the Future), where an older Bruce Wayne schools a new Batman to clean up the streets? It’s a stretch, and still plenty wrong about his statement, but I guess I just don’t want to believe that Adam West is that crazy.

I loved the episode he did where he made Chester Badbat eat his own parents or the one where he thought Chet was his dad.

Chimera - In addition to what’s already been said, you are aware that the show Mr. West starred in was the corniest, goofiest, loopiest, most shamelessly don’t-give-a-damn-about-source-material rendition of the Batman mythos ever? Of course he’s going to be somewhat less than accurate about the original story.

As for his idea…heck, after Crisis on Infinite Earths, can anything really be considered over the top anymore?