CNN.com, you cheap cocksucking WHORE!

I go there to watch the Dem debate (7.23.07). They’ve got video clips; you start one up and get a 15 second ad for E*Trade.

How fucking stupid. I’m going to your site to see your content, put up a banner ad, run Google adwords, have some mortgage ad done in Flash flickering up the goddamn screen–but don’t fuck with the content itself cuz that’s gonna piss me off, mutherfuckers!

But let’s get to the real shit of the matter. There are video players out there you can stick on your site that work–ain’t nothing esoteric about it. But when I try to play back the debate on my Mac, it says I need to get “Flip4Mac.” Mmmkay, just another bullshit plugin, whatever. But then I got to do the download, and the free version is just some bullshit that won’t even let me see the whole fucken video! Oh, but you can buy an upgrade. :rolleyes: What the fuck!?

So thanks, CNN.com, for being a cheap cunt and reminding me why I never go to your site for news and why I ought to avoid you and your compromised content at all cost.

STUPID CUNTFORSAKEN MUTHERFUCKERS!

They really ought to give you your money back.

double.

At least Flip4Mac exists, as the only possible way to view Windows Media files on the Mac, since Microsoft abandoned Mac support. And I’ll give CNN a teensy amount of credit for knowing enough to suggest it.

Cuntforsaken?

Hmm.

That’s a new one.

Haw haw, aren’t you fucking funny.

The fuckers wasted my time and fat chance of getting that back.

Plus, the debate is not mere newstertainment, it’s an important C-SPAN-type gig and thus should be free and EASILY VIEWED by all, mutherfucker!

ANSWER: Don’t fucking use bullshit M$ files! YouTube can show me videos easily enough, so CNN.com can too, it follows (and irony of ironies, this was the YouTube debate. Doh!).

Oh, and why are some clips playable without a plugin but the video feed NOT? Fucking cocksuckers!

How do they manage to fuck mothers if they are cuntforsaken???
Anyway, the old adage of ‘you gets what you pay for’ seems appropriate. If you don’t feel you are getting your money’s worth then you should certainly take your dollars elsewhere…

Who exactly are you blaming for this…or is it just a general foaming howl at a cold, cruel universe?

-XT

Didn’t they do this in tandem with Youtube?

Why don’t they just use the flash video players that work fine for everyone else on the net?

Hm. Are you using Safari? I can’t play videos from CNN, SciFi.com, etc, either. But I usually can play them using Firefox. Not that I bother most of the time.

Never heard of Flip4Mac but no way I’d install a plugin just for CNN. I would send them a nasty note telling them why I’ll never install their fucking plugin though.

Oh, I agree with that, I’d rather nobody use WMV. But as long as it’s out there Flip4Mac is a good thing to have. And most sites that use WMV wouldn’t even bother to mention it.

IOW, fuck CNN, fuck M$, but Flip4Mac’s OK in my book.

First, it is free and easily viewed, at the cost of a 15 second blipvert.

Second, what is so valuable about your time that those 15 seconds have set you off the deep end?

Have you considered purcahsing a PC?

I agree. If us Mac users must live in a Windows world, Flip4Mac is a handy item.

I don’t need snooty food critics telling me what I should eat. When I feel hungry, I want the sort of down home goodness that I find in Hormel prepared meal products. Hormel uses only the best ingredients — fresh spices, high quality produce, and the highest grades of beef, pork, and poultry available. That’s why when I think of my childhood, and the wonderful smells from Mother’s kitchen, I get hungry for Hormel. Why so upset over a stupid presidential debate? If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen 'em all.

I thought you were being ironic until that last part.

There are a few posters who periodically feel the urge to open a Pit thread and foam at the mouth about pretty much nothing. Aeschines is one of them. I usually try to picture John Belushi doing his Weekend Update shtick, where he starts out calmly and eventually flips his chair over and disappears. Except Aeschines doesn’t start out calmly.

They had a snowman hand puppet asking a question about global warming… just sayin’ is all…

The irony is this: I’ve got this awesome Mac that’s designed for entertainment and media use, yet there’s still a lot of content that’s incompatible. CNN, Comedy Central and others have videos that, for some reason, will play a little E*Trade ad immediately but may not play the desired clip for 20 minutes.

As it is, Aes, take some antacids and chill out. It’s a pain in the ass.